Sign in to follow this  
KTMrad

2 Ride the World Presentation at SDBMW

After the great ride on Saturday, I headed right to SDBMW in my riding gear to check out the presentation by Simon & Lisa Thomas from England....

WOW ! Awesome ADV riders, the real deal, hardcore...324,000 miles in 10+ years and they're still going...they had great photos and stories, and they're really cool people...they survived the Sahara Desert, riding in Africa and running out of water, the Gobe Desert in Mongolia, and the Amazon where Simon broke his neck and he still rode (with much help from his wife) for 3 weeks out of the Amazon, otherwise he would've died....awesome stories of survival !

I bought a shirt and a couple of their awesome prints to help support their travels. I will frame one of their great photos as motivation to plan an around the world trip in the future....also saw Todd (N2TM) and Ken (The infamous Kkug) as well as a few other friends at the presentation.

Simon

IMG_0024-L.jpg

Lisa

IMG_0025-L.jpg

IMG_0026-L.jpg

IMG_0027-L.jpg

IMG_0028-L.jpg

IMG_0029-L.jpg

IMG_0031-L.jpg

IMG_0032-L.jpg

IMG_0033-L.jpg

I invited them to stay at my house next time they pass thru San Diego...hope to go out to dinner with them also.

10+ years riding around the world.. woaaaa what a life!