Joliet

Saturday 9-22 Sand riding practice

THAT'S the problem with concussions... You can't really remember exactly what you did wrong, so you end up doing it again.

That's the real reason you ride with people... so they can tell you how stupid you were... in my case, not yours Tom

Damn straight im stupid! I asked my buddies about the crash but they say they didnt see it happen. I was leading the ride and was over the hill in front of them. They just found me taking a nap under my bike at the bottom of a dune. :angry: So it will just be an unsolved mystery. Thankfully I didnt do any damage other than snap off my brake light mount and kill a few brain cells (probably the equivilant of a good night at the bar)

Although I can say, I know I had to have been going to fast and not paying enough attention, What else could it be?. I get out there sometimes and think Im in control until I find my self flying through the air trying to keep the rubber side down. I have had plenty close calls, but this one got me.

My advice to any one new to sand dunes is always expect the smooth dune to suddenly turn into a steep razor or cliff a because it almost always does. Slow down towards the top and turn to ride along the ridge until you can clearly see the other side.

Now if you will excuse me its Friday night and im thirsty. :angry:

Somebody get some pre-endo photos for us if the opportunity looks like it will arise, maybe have someone follow you into silt or something...mmm, silt :angry: ...do it for the club! :angry:

You’ll have a least one student there on a 08 KLR650 ready to learn.

Roger :angry:

Guys,

I want to thank you all for a great "look see" outing. Just about everyone on the trip let me do a quick ride on their bike. It was a great experience. A special thanks goes to Ken Boyd (Jouilet) for sporting me his DLZ400! All in all, I think I liked rex-everything's bike the best, another DLZ400 06' with a pumper carb.

A great test trip (even though I showed up too late - damn alarm).

Thanks, Henry