Guest Crusty

Baja Beach Bash-Rip To The Tip Cabo

Guest Crusty

You are receiving this email because you had expressed interest in going on one of the Desert Assassins rides, either the Rip to Cabo, or Baja Beach Bash.

I Just wanted to send a reminder out to you to let you know that the 2013 BBB is coming up fast! The dates are July 18-21.

We would love to have you down to ride with us. Please visit the website BajaBeachBash.com and sign up if you can make it with us for this ride.

Also, share this info to anyone that you know that has expressed interest in one of our rides before.

This is a perfect way for a new guy to get in, and we don't require Baja specific bikes for this ride.

Hope you're doing well, and hope to see you soon.

Mark @ Rip to Cabo

Rip Email.

Thank you for showing your interest in riding the Baja with the Desert Assassins. My name is Mark Moss and I have been roosting the Baja with Cameron Steele and the Desert Assassins for nearly a decade and look forward to sharing my experience and excitement for Baja with you.

I can tell you first hand that the trips are more than just a “dirtbike ride”, these trips are “life changing”. There is simply nothing else in this world that will give you the experience we get while making our way down the peninsula. The magic is being able to experience the rugged and unspoiled beauty of baja, from the dry dusty deserts, to the tallest rocky mountain passes, long stretches of pristine beaches, the camaraderie of riding with friends new and old, and pushing yourself to finish the ride each and every day, banding together to overcome any adversity that comes our way, getting to see and meet the locals that live in Baja and see their stoke as we ride through their towns, and how happy they are to live with almost nothing in the world, and to get a chance to fully unplug from the world, with no phones and internet to keep you tied down. These are the things that make this trip what it is, and I hope that each one of you will get to experience these things one day.

I help out with some coordination and I wanted to personally make sure that each one of you received a reply with more information about the upcoming rides, including the dates, costs, and availability. Please read below to hear from Cameron Steele as he will tell you what is coming up, what it takes, and what you can expect. After reading through his message, please read the very bottom for reply information so that I can keep you connected with more information about the rides you are interested in attending, as it becomes available.

Hoping to meet you soon,

Mark

Hola amigo!

Thanks for your interest in riding the Baja with the Desert Assassins. There is a lot of info below and if you are serious about Baja the DA way then read on! There are not spots for everyone and just because you send a return email doesn't mean you will be placed into a trip.

First off, we are not a tour company, we ride as a band of brothers and we travel as a group to reach our goals of completing every ride while having fun with each other and enjoying the Baja. The way we do the Baja may cost a little more than a tour company at times but we tend to have more support than someone that is doing this for their sole employment. We also support tour groups who are friends and if a tour is what you are looking for please let us know and we can suggest a great group.

If you really feel riding with the Desert Assassins is right for you then read through this letter and respond accordingly.

Baja the DA way

Baja is the grandest place I have encountered in all my travels around the World. I may have a jaded view because I love it so much but there is little I'd rather do than ride the Baja with friends old and new. That being said I also have to tell you clearly that this magical dirt bike paradise is also extremely remote and help or medical services truly do not exist over a large amount of the peninsula. You are responsible for you. This is remote, the riding will be tough as well as easy and the days will always be long. We ride because we love it, and if you ride smart and have the skills then we will try to share one of our epic journeys with you.

As of today we have the following rides that we host with some availability this year

• May 1 – May 8 Rip to Cabo 2013 – hang in Cabo 7/8-11 (Mothers Day is May 12th)
    • Ride 8 days of the Baja from the border to Cabo

[*]Baja Beach Bash – July - Ensenada and Baja north (with Johnny Campbell of JCR Honda and Tim Morton at Baja Bound Moto)

• 3 or 4 days of Baja North between Ensenada and El Rosario – route not determined

[*]Surf and Turf – Live like OX – August 7 – 11/12 (bring your board but the place we go has them too and you don't have to know how to surf to have fun)

• Drive to El Rosario and surf on the way if there are waves
    • Ride and surf the area of San Carlos below El Rosario – Some ideas still being formulated
    • No surfing skill needed for a good time – I call it the Beach Bash on Steroids

DA rides are not for weekend warriors or beginners (Beach Bash is open to everyone), these are rides for experienced and prepared intermediate and advanced riders. If you look at hill climbs or rocky sections and tremble, a DA Baja ride is not for you. If you need to sleep in or have a hard time getting ready at 6am, then the DA Baja rides are not for you. If you can't change a flat and don't have the tools in your normal ride pack to do it, a DA Baja ride is not for you. If you are reluctant to spend money to go ride or to keep your equipment up, then this is for sure not for you. Level headed, knowing it's not a race and staying out of the dust and only riding what you can see is the motto for riders we like to roost the Baja with.

Cabo rides

For rides to Cabo we offer a fee for the ride, projecting at this point to be around $4,000.00, and we take you from our Desert Assassins shop in Orange County, California to Cabo (Some years you get yourself dropped off at the border and then we start which it looks like will be the case in 2013). I'll list some of what it includes in a moment but basically you get to the shop or Border and we get you to Cabo. Once in Cabo the trip hosts the riders/crew at the awards dinner and handle the bike shipping back to the US but you handle your hotel, food and flight while in and from Cabo.

The way we do it is that we invite friends and family down to hang out for 3 ish days in Cabo and have a vacation post the ride trip (at their own expense). They are there when we ride into town and it's a pretty cool experience to share with loved ones. The riders load the bikes while the chase guys coach/watch a couple days later and we all have a grand time while laughing our asses off. If the fee scares you off I'm sorry but we bring off-road chase vehicles and medical support which I don't believe anyone else does and frankly it all costs money and we are not paying for you to go ride.

Included in Cabo rides

• Lead and sweep riders to guide and help
  • Trails chosen and normally pre ridden (not always)
    • There is usually an option line around harder stuff
    • There is always a seat in the chase trucks for people that are tired or want to skip a section

[*]All logistics and bookings

[*]Chase crew and trucks

• 4x4 crew cabs
    • Chase personnel
    • Chase buggy or Raptor off road when possible

[*]Remote fueling stations

• 90% of fuel we get off our own trucks
    • We generally don't go to Pemex stations
      • No waiting behind cars
      • Fuel goes through a filter (there is some non-filtered fuel)

[*]Sat phones in vehicles and on the trail

[*]All vehicles, lead and sweep riders have radio equipment

[*]On trail food, drink and ice chests

[*]90% of all meals are covered

[*]Off Road chase vehicle when on two tracks/graded roads (most times)

[*]Medical person

• Paramedic

[*]USA rally person

• Easy to call
    • Has info on where ride is for family if needed
    • Manages Spot Tracker info
    • Relay between sat phones

[*]Lucas Oil products are included on the trips

[*]In Cabo we cover

• Riders awards dinner
    • Some other group functions possibly but not promised

[*]Contact with rescue flight and Baja Search and rescue

• If needed rider covers all costs

What's not included in Cabo rides

• Riders maintain their own equipment
    • There is usually more than one tech on the trip to "help" riders

[*]You travel to the shop or border and cover those costs until we drive away

• Hotel the night before we leave is not included
    • Sometimes we meet at Border

[*]Once in Cabo you cover (for yourself and your family/friends)

• Hotel
    • Airfare
    • Food/meals (except for Rider at awards dinner)

[*]If there are medical expenses they are covered by individual rider

[*]No rental bikes are available – this is not a tour group

[*]10% or less of meals on ride trip are not covered

Media information

There at times is a ton of media like TV and web coverage and at times there is none. There is no promise of TV or any other media and if there is all riders sign a likeness rights agreement along with their liability release. If there is media the rider fees are generally not used to pay for media, this is what the sponsors pay for if we make a deal to do any media.

2013 Rides and projected costs – We will outline each ride if you express interest and are really able to handle the ride.

Hell ride – Completed - EPIC TRIP

Rip to Cabo – May 1-8 $4,000.00 approx. (approx 12 spots available) - Could be warm and days will be long, camping always a possibility but so far not planned in 2013

Baja Beach Bash – 3rd week of July $750 (approx 30 spots available)

Surf and Turf - August 7-12 $2,200.00 – 14 total ride spots projected

Again these are not your average rides and not open to everyone. If you think you are ready then send an email and we will explain the non-refundable deposits to get locked into a ride after we get comfortable with you joining us. If emailing and you haven't yet please send a picture of your bike and set up, tell us about your years of experience, what you ride and where.

I love the Baja, it is amazing and sharing it is an awesome experience for me. Danger exists and everyone that looks to come with us needs to know this. Unfortunately one of our brothers passed away on a ride and we hope and pray to never have it happen to anyone on any ride any where ever, we try and be safe and we try and be prepared but there is always a chance of the worst possible thing happening. Be safe, think about what you are doing at all times.

Send a message if you think this is for you.

God bless,

Cameron Steele

aka PAB

Desert Assassins

REPLY INFORMATION:

Now that you have more information about the upcoming rides, please email back to let us know “WHICH” ride you will be interested in going on so we can get you on the appropriate list.

Please reply to the specific email address for the specific ride you are interested in. Unfortunately we have way more riders wanting to come than spots available, so you may not get to make it on a specific ride. So, If you are interested on going on any of the rides, than please send separate emails for each ride so we can have your information in the appropriate category.

Ride / Email

Rip to Cabo = R2C@RipToCabo.com

Baja Beach Bash = BBB@RipToCabo.com

Surf and Turn = SAT@RipToCabo.com

If you don’t think that any of these ride dates, schedules, or costs will work for you, and you might like to actually go with a “tour company” that can be more accommodating with dates, durations, costs and even loaner bikes

Reply to:

Tour Groups = Tour@RipToCabo.com

Guest Crusty

During our last trip to the Baja 500 my wife found out about these rides,

and wanted to send me. I would rather ride Baja with 5 or less riders and the PRICE.. $750.00 for the BBB.

$4,000.00 for the RIP.+ air fair to and motel in Cabo. another $1,500.00

You do get to ride with Johnny Campbell and Cameron Steele though.heh.gif

This may be a good deal for others, Ride On.

Craig.

I ended up running into the Baja Beach Bash at last year at Coyote Cals. Everyone seemed to be having a blast. I think most of the money for that ride gets donated to the local schools.