Henry Hester

Testing the waters

Henry,

I'm fairly new to dual sporting, but after owning an XR400, DRZ 400S and a KTM 625 SXC, I have decided that thumpers are not for me. Since I was 18 (36 now) I only rode street bikes, Katana, GSXR 1100, Honda Blackbird XX and even a Valkyrie. Got in to dual sporting about 4 years ago. It opens up a whole new world for those who live to ride. You are no longer a slave to the street, all roads/trails are open.

I recently bought a Suzuki V-Strom 650 and to date it is the best overall bike Ive owned. For the record KTM was the worst! :D

There are things the Strom can't do that a hardcore dualsport can, like deep sand and super tight technical stuff. If you want access to 80% of what is out there for a dualsport and a bike that rips on the street, look for a larger displacement bike with dirt worth. BMW, Strom, KTM 990.

My 2 cents, your experience and goals may be different.

Good luck

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Henry,

I recently bought a Suzuki V-Strom 650 and to date it is the best overall bike Ive owned. For the record KTM was the worst! :D I used to pass on my past experiance with different bike brands. :D nobody wants to hear it. )

My 2 cents, your experience and goals may be different.

Good luck

Henry,

I used to pass on my past experiance with different bike brands. :D and post fast and technical rides, nobody wants to hear the truth. )

I didn't understand that sentence.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Is that better.

Is that better.

Another HammerHead Hyjack!!!!!