fadingfastsd

Evan in Bay Park

Hey guys,

I've been around this site for awhile, but never had a dual sport, and never really posted. I've had alot of bikes, my last dirt bike was an 01 Honda CR250 I sold 6 months ago. I ride an 07 Suzuki GSXR 600 on the street.

I just recently bought a 99 Yamaha WR400 from a guy on Craigslist, got a hell of deal...paid $1500 cash!

The bike ran well overall, but was kind of rough. I've since gone through the whole bike...it's got an FMF Power Core muffler, clarke desert tank, asv levers, baja designs kit, RK x-ring chain, jt spockets front/rear, Renthal Fat Bars, all new Acerbis plastics, new throttle/clutch cables, Twin air filter, ZipTy fuel mixture screw, rejetted for the exhaust and open airbox, all free mods done (listed on Thumpertalk).

The bike absolutely rips, and is a blast to ride. The lighting & electrical isn't in the best shape, but it's working. I'm still rewiring the bike and making some mods, but I'm having a blast on it.

Here's a pic:

CIMG3259.JPG

CIMG3262.JPG

Anyways, hope to ride with you guys soon.

Evan

Looks like you got a great deal...

Just in time for fire... oops, I mean Desert Season...

I plan on doing the Desert Dash this year...

Check the rides forum, Welcome, and see you out there.

NICE YAMMIE

Welcome fadingfastsd :D

What a steal on the yomammaha! :D

I don't think there's much in the desert that can catch fire, and Jacumba's not too far out there. Thank God it's cooling down a bit. Hope to ride with you soon :D

Hi Evan,

I'm looking at a 99 Yamaha WR 400 also. It's in great shape. Lots of aftermarket parts and work done to it. Initially I was sold on getting a DRZ400 until I saw this bike.

How do you like your WR400? Does it have all the power you need? How does it handle on the road? I like the idea of a lighter dual sport. I've gotten used to a WR 426 but unfortunately can't plate it and chose to sell. I'm hoping the 400 won't be that much of a change if I decide to go with it. Still on the fence. I've heard so many good things about the DRZ400, but I know the Yamahas are good bikes also.

Erick