Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

Electric start 2strokes!

Well, I have been nosing around on all the motorcycle manufacturers websites, trying to get a look at all their new dirt or dual sport models and when I got to the KTM site, lo and behold they came out with a new XC W e in both 250 and 300cc sizes. What was the little e for? Electric start. Just the thing for us older dirt riders with decrepid knees, who still love a good two stroke. Time to think about getting rid of my "kicker" EXC and saving my pennies for a ringdinger with magic button :blink: Whee!

:o ....Okay, maybe I'm the only one who thinks this is the neatest thing since sliced bread :o

Why would you get rid of the old kicker 2 smoker??? I remember my EXC300 would always start easy on first try, never a problem :blink: The only good thing I see of having the magic buttom on a 2 stroke bike would be in case of stalling it in a rocky, very hard section going uphill, or something like it :o I still think there's no need for one... they just turn so easy.. :o Now the 4 stroke CRF150 was a different story (it took 30 minutes to start when cold), Honda got smart by getting a magic buttom.

Like I said, if you got bad knees like I do, especially my kickstarter one, the bike would be great. Also for shorter riders....oh look, me again, it would be less awkward. After all, who doesn't stall once in a while in a gnarley technical spot? Certainly not me! :blink: