Sign in to follow this  
KTMrad

UCSD Therapy Dog Event for Students

A week ago, took the afternoon off to take Codyboy to the "Fluffies de-stress Therapy Dog Extravaganza" during finals week for college students at UCSD (they do this every quarter, I hope to go more).

What a great experience. There were about 30 dogs and handlers there for the second shift (noon to 2pm) from 4 different Therapy Dog Organizations:

Therapy Dogs Inc., Therapy Dogs International, Love on a Leash and Delta Society.

We had a few people from the local San Diego Chapter of TDI there also.

There must've been a couple hundred college students who stopped by to say hi to our dogs and hang out with them.

Heard many compliments from the students, thanking us for sharing our dogs with them, saying this is a great way for them to relieve stress, and saying this is the best part of finals week.

It was so awesome to see so many students and faculty with smiles on their faces as they interacted with our dogs. I think that's the most attention Cody's ever gotten at one time, he was lovin' it !

Dogs truly are a blessing to humans !

For entire album of 57 photos, go HERE

Cody the poser....

IMG_0004-L.jpg

IMG_0010-L.jpg

IMG_0012-L.jpg

My boy met many new friends that day....

IMG_0017-L.jpg

Gettin' a good butt scratchin'

IMG_0026-L.jpg

IMG_0033-L.jpg

IMG_0037-L.jpg

Besides being a Therapy Dog, this dog is a surfer...she has won a few dog surf competitions....

IMG_0035-L.jpg

The San Diego Chapter of Therapy Dogs International...that's me and Codyboy on the right.

IMG_0038-L.jpg

IMG_0041-L.jpg

IMG_0048-L.jpg

IMG_0040-L.jpg

Codyboy lookin' real happy.....

IMG_0050-L.jpg

All the students had smiles on their faces....so cool !

IMG_0051-L.jpg

IMG_0057-L.jpg

Cody chillin' after 2 hours of attention overload :)/>/>

IMG_0055-L.jpg

Dogs truly are a blessing to humans !

I agree completely. Cody looks like a great dog. There's definitely something special about the unconditional love you get from a canine friend.

This is a larger version of my avatar pic. He was as happy as I when I picked up my new bike.

Buckey_zps170da3ad.jpg