Now that I bought my bike back as salvage, I have decided to buy a lift to use while I rebuild her. Anyhow I have come down to two that are in my price point and was wondering if either stood out as a better deal. Or if there is another option I have missed.

First is ones for sale about 1.5 hours away so on top of the $300 I would have add round trip fuel costs in truck to go get if.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcy/3684898269.html

Second is the one from Harbor Freight. It would come out as $279 with the coupon I have and is a 10 minute drive from home.

http://www.harborfreight.com/1000-lb-capacity-motorcycle-lift-68892-8495.html

I can pickup the 1 for you in Santa Ana..I work there. Just have it ready at Will Call. I live in Escondido and may be able to have it delvered by 1 of my truck drivers. Anyone else

I can pickup the 1 for you in Santa Ana..I work there. Just have it ready at Will Call. I live in Escondido and may be able to have it delvered by 1 of my truck drivers. Anyone else

Thanks for the offer... I will let you know. Talked to a mechanic from Trophy, he thinks it could be unstable because it is so narrow. Although the narrowness was something I liked for fitting it in my garage...

What ever one of the two lifts you choose the wheel vice sucks. I have the HF lift and have had it for around 8 years, for the price Im very happy and it does the job. I did need to spend when I did around $80 for a new vice as you can see here, the small little one that came on it like the vices on the ones your looking at suck. Even with extra tie down support. When you have a lift you will use it alot.

DSCN5127.jpg

What ever one of the two lifts you choose the wheel vice sucks. I have the HF lift and have had it for around 8 years, for the price Im very happy and it does the job. I did need to spend when I did around $80 for a new vice as you can see here, the small little one that came on it like the vices on the ones your looking at suck. Even with extra tie down support. When you have a lift you will use it alot.

DSCN5127.jpg

Thanks for the heads up, I was wondering about that... Looking at HF website seems a number of people have bought http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcycle-stand-wheel-chock-97841.html to replace the stock chock. Where did you get yours? I don't see one like it on HF site.

You can also borrow my Handy Lift. This Handy lift I have is the same one all the motorcycle shops use but you have to have a compressor to use it. Its a $1500.00 lift. It has the vise and everything.

http://www.handyindustries.com/

Handylifts are pricey, but the best built lifts you can get. All the major MC shops used these in their service departments. Also, rebuild kits are readily available for the floor control and air cylinder. I've had mine since 1985.

DSCN5127.jpg

Thanks for the heads up, I was wondering about that... Looking at HF website seems a number of people have bought http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcycle-stand-wheel-chock-97841.html to replace the stock chock. Where did you get yours? I don't see one like it on HF site.

I got the chock from Handy Lift

You can also borrow my Handy Lift. This Handy lift I have is the same one all the motorcycle shops use but you have to have a compressor to use it. Its a $1500.00 lift. It has the vise and everything.

http://www.handyindustries.com/

Thanks for the offer, but I don't have a compressor either and everyone keeps telling me that once I have a lift I won't want to give it up. S best to get a lift while my injuries make me look pitiful enough to get the purchase approved! Wish I could afford a Handy Lift...

Handylifts are pricey, but the best built lifts you can get. All the major MC shops used these in their service departments. Also, rebuild kits are readily available for the floor control and air cylinder. I've had mine since 1985.

Just to be clear...I was not trying to sell mine or trying to get him to buy a " Handy Lift " When Del Sol Cycles in Ramona went out of Biz I bought all 3 Handys for $1200.00. Brought them home and sold 2 on CL for $ 700.00 each and kept 1 for myself. The math was a no brainer. :)

Just to be clear...I was not trying to sell mine or trying to get him to buy a " Handy Lift " When Del Sol Cycles in Ramona went out of Biz I bought all 3 Handys for $1200.00. Brought them home and sold 2 on CL for $ 700.00 each and kept 1 for myself. The math was a no brainer. :)/>

I never took it as you trying to do anything other then offer to lend me one and inform me of a product you trust. No harm, No foul!

Anyone happen to be available sometime this week/ weekend to help pick up a lift from HF in Mira Mesa? Got a coupon that expires the 24th that I would like to use.

Anyone happen to be available sometime this week/ weekend to help pick up a lift from HF in Mira Mesa? Got a coupon that expires the 24th that I would like to use.