boat440

Riding In Big Bear Labor Day Weekend (9/1)

I'll be up in Big Bear this weekend, anyone up for a ride? I have tracks for 70 to 90 miles. A mixture of single track, fire roads and some pavement(short). Can alter tracks to make it easier or harder for anyone, I'm ok with either.

My goal is to start 8:30AM ride the north side of the lake from Fawnskin (west) around Green Lake (east) across to Jacoby Canyon then south east to Pioneertown, into Yucca Valley for lunch/gas, about 50-55 miles. Then a short distance (west) on 38 to Angus Oaks, then up the back side (north) of Snow Summit/Bear Mountain via one of the truck trails. If anyone breaks down or is tired, we could take the 38 back to BB.

Let me know if anyone's interested. The morning run will be more challenging/technical with the afternoon more faster/easier riding. But this is no race, just fun. We can meet at the Snow Summit's parking lot. I'm up for Saturday 9/1, but can go Sunday 9/2.

Steve...

hey Steve is this ride still on? How many people have responded. 2 hours to the desert, or 2 to the mountain, really no difference.

I'm interested too...it's almost 3 hours to get to Snowsummit from SD... start by 8:30 AM means getting up around 4:00 AM :blink::blink: pain.

Alex.

I'm new to this board and looking to ride with others with both challenging & fun rides.

Have have planned some (2-day) trips this winter but am looking for riding partners. My son recently went to college so I'm spreading out to ride with others.

Most importantly is the camaraderie of riding bikes.

We can start at 9:30 if it's easier on Saturday?

Let me know.

Steve...

At this point I am getting ready to meet you up in the mountains. I am planning on loading up the truck and heading out tonight. I will stay in our place at Lake Gregory, and drive up and meet you in the morning. I am nursing a hurt knee, so not looking to get crazy. I would like to get to know some trails up there.

XR,

OK, maybe next time.

Rest up that knee. Many, many great trails in the Big Bear/Arrowhead area. From fire roads to trials type riding. Also BB is at 6.8K ft. It's cooler this time of year.

Where is Gregory Lake?

Well let me know.

I have a place in BB and will be driving up tomorrow morning also.

We can meet in Snow Summit's parking lot?

Do you have a GPS? If you you have a Garmin bring it. I can download the tracks to you.

That seals the deal. Minor problem with las minute prep. Trip to HD in morning. Thanks for the offer. I really would like to get to know the trails up there. Every time I drive up and down that mountain, I am looking at trails, fireroads wondering where they go!