Guest Crusty

Went over the bars to miss a head on at Corral Canyon

Glad all of you are OK thats the #1 issue.

To y'all, my incessant posting about "racing" and some of the tactical responses seen here on this thread.....

racing for me is way to get out on the best of the best epic trails and ride as fast or as slow as I want with no fear of oncoming riders (I ride closed course events by choice for this reason, although H&H is sort of open).

Directly- if you love the rocky challenging single track stuff, get out and ride a Tecate Enduro, HS or a BORCS event or the Tractor event, go up to Anza or Gorman and do a WestChec Enduro, these head on scenarios will never play out, you will have all the challenge of your daily trip to our local areas, with group comraderie, fun, safe, EMT service on site, food, drink, plastic trophies, contingency bucks for some brands in some series, cash awards, gift cert awards (From Tecate I have 35% off FMF product cert!!) and a great adventure to bench race about with your crew,,, or here on the intertube!!

This weekends tractor race, for example, new and used single track in and around RSV in tecate every bit as good if not better as ranger trail with a big group of like minded work on Monday rider/racers. there is nothing to prove except to have fun and finish the challenge of the trail.

Be safe out there SDAR crew and be smart as well they go hand in hand, enjoy the ride! RN

PS we have rain this week then we ride/race the tractor event on Sat, this will be another epic event not to be missed another best of the best ride.

Guest Crusty

Glad all of you are OK thats the #1 issue.

To y'all, my incessant posting about "racing" and some of the tactical responses seen here on this thread.....

racing for me is way to get out on the best of the best epic trails and ride as fast or as slow as I want with no fear of oncoming riders (I ride closed course events by choice for this reason, although H&H is sort of open).

Directly- if you love the rocky challenging single track stuff, get out and ride a Tecate Enduro, HS or a BORCS event or the Tractor event, go up to Anza or Gorman and do a WestChec Enduro, these head on scenarios will never play out, you will have all the challenge of your daily trip to our local areas, with group comraderie, fun, safe, EMT service on site, food, drink, plastic trophies, contingency bucks for some brands in some series, cash awards, gift cert awards (From Tecate I have 35% off FMF product cert!!) and a great adventure to bench race about with your crew,,, or here on the intertube!!

This weekends tractor race, for example, new and used single track in and around RSV in tecate every bit as good if not better as ranger trail with a big group of like minded work on Monday rider/racers. there is nothing to prove except to have fun and finish the challenge of the trail.

Be safe out there SDAR crew and be smart as well they go hand in hand, enjoy the ride! RN

PS we have rain this week then we ride/race the tractor event on Sat, this will be another epic event not to be missed another best of the best ride.

Sounds good, but when I was racing I rode a lot more than I do now.

I quit my job and lived in a van, worked as a sales rep for the company that sponsored me so I could ride 5 hours a day, every day

LIVE TO RIDE BRO.

I have had too much work to ride on weekdays.

My customers need to understand, my need to ride,

when the trails are empty!

I am going to plan my routes better to avoid head ons.

My friends tell me it's much safer to only ride tracks.

Weekdays at Pala's Vet track can be VERY fun and safe, video http://vimeo.com/59676309

but it seems I read about people getting badly hurt, once a week on Pro Ride

Did you read about Weston Peick's dad's crash at Pala.

I did Friday night, that's another reason I rode Corral.

Whoa,,, I didnt hear that Peicks dad story.....went over to ProRide and from the mans mouth comes this. Ugly...

"Thanks everyone on your kind words as you know I broke my tib and fib pretty bad last sunday didn't even crash and only did 1.5 laps. I went to the ER doctor on sunday and the x-rays really didn't show what was wrong. Monday I go to Dr. Alexander he puts it in a cast and takes new x-rays that's when we find multiple fractures and 2 clean breaks. While I was there my foot started swelling really bad so he cut the sides of the cast to relieve the pain.

Go home and the most miserable pain Ive ever had starts to set in so I cut the cast off all the way I barely got through the night. Tuesday mourning my foot, ankle and toes are 3-4 times bigger than normal so we call the Doc and hes in surgery's all day. He calls me at 430pm and we go over my pain he tells me to go to ER because it sounds like Compartment Syndrum.

Sure enough I get there and that's whats happening so i had to go in for emergency surgery first they cut the sides of my calf's open to relieve the muscles then they did the surgery and closed up my calf's. 1 plate and 8 screws. I really want to Thanks Dr. Alexander for caring and getting to me Tuesday night, after me he had another so that's 5 in 1 day."

best recovery for Lou on that scary one (no I don't Lou just know of him)

Yikes, This is a rough crowd.

I am old and slow but I dread the thought of my 19y/o son coming around a turn too hot and running into another vehicle. Mostly we ride in Baja where the traffic is so sparse that it is a surprise to see another person coming at you. Still it is a constant background worry.

I am glad that this did not turn out worse. That must has taken some skill to to ride your bike after that crash.

steve/DD

Hey Crusty,

I've been meaning to ask you and perhaps I already did or I posted the question in another thread to all, what knee braces are you using?

Pros, Cons, comparison, etc info would be helpful as well.

I really do not have the funds right now to thrown down $600 in braces, but then again, I really don't have the funds right now for knee surgery if I were to trash a knee. Knees that have already been banged up bad enough.

This question is open to more than Crusty. And again, sorry for the repost, if that is the case. My Sleep Reaper (9month old child) takes all that I've got for memory retention.

Cheers, Logroller

Guest Crusty

Hey Crusty,

I've been meaning to ask you and perhaps I already did or I posted the question in another thread to all, what knee braces are you using?

Pros, Cons, comparison, etc info would be helpful as well.

I really do not have the funds right now to thrown down $600 in braces, but then again, I really don't have the funds right now for knee surgery if I were to trash a knee. Knees that have already been banged up bad enough.

This question is open to more than Crusty. And again, sorry for the repost, if that is the case. My Sleep Reaper (9month old child) takes all that I've got for memory retention.

Cheers, Logroller

I use Bledsoe custom made knee braces.

Custom fit with added knee cups.

I don't know how much they cost.

My doc gave me an authorization and Kieser payed for them.coolio.gif

They work well but you need loose pants.

Craig.