Guest Crusty

Had a great day, thanks all!!!!

CorralCanyonsicvic2-6-13001_zps9ab2dbf1.jpg

Gas for the day.I was told by Pasta Pilot to run Regular but I like Premeum

CorralCanyonsicvic2-6-13002_zps306c16de.jpg

The do all rocken CRF 230 F

CorralCanyonsicvic2-6-13003_zps88889673.jpg

Guest Crusty

Crusty, how you liken the CRF230, I bet you can trough that around.

The bike amazes me every time I ride it.

Not the fastest bike but SUPER fun to whip it.

It was the easiest bike I have ever ridden on "Ranger "but

I have been riding, "Ranger" the harder way.

Thanks for waiting on James and I at PV Crusty.

Two rides joined for this one. James and I met up with Crust prior to the jaunt over to Corral.

We covered a lot of ground by the end. Kernan, 1, 8/9 connect,2, Bills, other end of 1,4,Ranger across, Fireroad to top of Spur,6 to BCat, slab to bottem of Kernan and back to base via the fireroad.

Zero Mech issues and only encountered 4 others riding. They were on Kernan (PV side)

Oh, we did see a Rav 4 (stock) off-roading on the outer Fireroad that encompasses Corral. Hope it was a rental....

Saw one Fox, a guy hiking out in BFE and a HUGE hawk of some sort moving from tree to tree with a squirrel/gopher hanging from its claws. This was a big bird and I was slightly worried I may be the one hanging if I stuck around much longer.

Weather was prime and there was NO DUST... I lied...no dust for me. They let me lead. It was not bad.

*side note* About a week ago something came up about a rider going down at Corral and they were searching for him... FYI. I've ridden with him once before. His name is Jon and lives up in N County. He ended up on helicopter out but is doing just fine now. Bruises and such.

Thanks for the photos Crust. It was a great one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clandestine Hippie

*side note* About a week ago something came up about a rider going down at Corral and they were searching for him... FYI. I've ridden with him once before. His name is Jon and lives up in N County. He ended up on helicopter out but is doing just fine now. Bruises and such.

Clandestine Hippie

I hope his heart is doing fine and that he's sitting down when he gets the bill for the medivac helicopter ride!

Crusty, how you liken the CRF230, I bet you can throw that bike around.

Feed back from Point of View riding.

My first reaction is "Surprised" I thought the bike would be a limiting factor for what trail you could ride. I thought it would be underpowered in some way or maybe the suspension alone would limit trail choices.

I WAS INCORRECT.

The bike is not a Magic Carpet or anything but in the hands of a capable rider the bike impressed.

If it did get in to deep; throw it over your shoulder and walk it up the hill... Easy enough!

Its obvious fault (term used lightly) If your riding with others on bigger bikes and a straight comes up, prepare to be ran over. But hey... ya didn't buy it for Desert Racing RIGHT!

Crust tosses that thing all over the place. Wheelies through whoops, kicks and whips off everything else.

Thought I saw a 360 thrown in at one point????

It was fun to watch and it also added to my knowledge base of motorcycle types and abilities.

I'm always learning and with Crust riding that thing; school was in session!

Reguards

Clandestine Hippie

I hope his heart is doing fine and that he's sitting down when he gets the bill for the medivac helicopter ride!

RIGHT!!! First thing I said as well!

Get this. So it flew in and picked him up out "on the trail", moved him to 4 corners where they landed and gave him further evaluation. Then they decided he needed to continue flight to the Hosptial.

Can you spell CHA-CHING$$$

Guess he has "good" Insurance, so it should be well under a Million.....

Guest Crusty

Thank's Vic for leading most of an epic ride and showing us some other trails.

I am always amazed at how easy you make everything look.

You make that" KLR". look like you are on a trials bike.

The 230 is about having tons of fun at a slower-safer pace.

Corral becomes a mini moto track!coolio.gif

Craig