Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

Tractor Hare Scrambles 2013 version

23FEB2013 1100 hrs start.

Just west (@1-2 miles) of Rancho Santa Veronica

"will be a lot of fun and rock & Roll concert at the end in Santa Veronica Hotel, will be publish this weekend with 30% discount at the hotel mention this event"

check Tractor Racing on Face Book for details

http://www.facebook.com/#!/TractorRacing?fref=ts

This is a great race and well worth doing if anything like last one I did 2 years ago. Great course with super fun singletrack trails but one important thing to mention is they have several easy/hard splits so less experienced riders can take the easier and slower away around more difficult obstacles. I'm really hoping I can fit this into my schedule as so much fun, and a good bunch of guys also.

Its coming up fast one more long weekend of practice. then its off to the RSV zona for some real trail riding fun.

23FEB!!!

My quotes/report from the 2010 version

"This was the best course under the best conditions I think I have ever ridden. Very challenging but not stupid hard

It was a brilliant event well prepped, organized and it came off very well, with immediate results, great infield enduro cross spectator section. The chase riders even did course maintenance during the race, ie threw up more ribbon in missed turn zones, and did 40 ft reroute around an endless mud deep stream bed as the race went on. alot of it was under tree canopy, lots of the usual steep rocky up and downs, wet running stream beds, some sandy stuff, BLACK Loamy dirt!! green grass meadows and usual reddish tan baseball rocky stuff we have around here but ZERO(99% no dust) dust. There were 2 pit lanes seperated by course sections,,,well I can go on and on. It was 9.9 of 10 for sure. There were course monitors and checks throughout the course but no stop or slow down checks, man just a perfect set up for 10 mile loop trail ride/race. Thank you Tractor Racing!!! You guy rock!! And they even issued nice (3 each), 3 digit one piece Monster energy number stickers at sign up. @80% fresh single track!! RN"

PS the forecast calls for rain this coming week....

2010 version

The 2013 Tractor Racing HS version. H cams , what y'all missed (and me too.....I DNF, yes DNF mechanical)

In the first viddy,thats yours truly off to the left after my 46+ open class line left and I was having difficulty, I got started just before these guys left and stayed out in front of the open intermediates until you see me DOA in the first section of single track.

DNF mech issue is fixed and bike will be tested again in Mex for the BORCS HS on the 16th.

and another from a 35+ open rider (earlier start row)

you can see the first guys KAW catch his friends KTM from viddy 2 and where he loses the front wheel and gets passed by the kaw and bunch of other guys.cool seeing both perspectives.