Sign in to follow this  
Terrible619

Santo Tomas to Quatros Casas

After gassing up, eating breakfast and loading bikes we crossed the border at 7am. Mexican officials wanted registration papers for the bikes and my friend did not have his. I could not understand him well enough and he only knew a few english words. Right when it seemed that he was going to not let us in he asked my friend if he was the only person to be riding the bike. When my friend said yes he let us go. I need to learn more spanish.

Arrived in Santo Tomas and took the dirt road at km 48 to Puerto Santo Tomas. We parked the truck on the side of the road and rode the bikes the 16 miles to the ocean. We hoped to find a way south along the coast but no luck. There was a large fence and we found no ways around so we had to go back, past our truck and to the asphalt. We topped off the bikes at the Santo Tomas Pemex and Went to same route 2wheels went towards Erindera.

The road from Santo Tomas to Erindera is all race course from the recent baja 500. It doesnt get rough though until it turns towards the ocean about 13 miles in. We passed some very cool spots for camping and took a couple pictures. We rolled into Erindera and grabbed some awesome fish tacos at the taco stand and asked about gas. He directed us to the store with the Corona sign on the front. We bought a gallon each and took off.

From Erindera we stuck to the coast going backwards on the 500 race course. We tried to stay along the coast but the road we were on stopped at a barbed wire fence on private land. So we went back to the race course and north to San Vicente. From there we needed to take about 30 miles of asphalt to a random dirt road that headed west. After 5 miles of straight flat road we ended up at the ocean and headed 5 minutes south to Quatro Casas. A guy from one of the nearby trailers came out and offered us some cold beer. We hung out for 30 minutes and headed back to the truck.

From Quatro Casas we went east on another dirt road for 5 miles to the asphalt highway. It was getting late so we decided the smartest thing to do was take the highway back to the truck. So 1 hour and 60 miles later we loaded the bikes and headed home. The odometer on the bike read 214 miles since I reset it that morning.

Somewhere on the toll road

mexhighway.jpg

Puerto Santo Tomas

puertost1.jpg

Looking out towards the dunes by Rancho Boca de San Jose

bocasanjose.jpg

Some houses near Erindera

nearerindera.jpg

Near Cabo Colonet and Quatro Casas

nearquatroscasas.jpg

Quatro Casas

quatrocasa1.jpg

This is the route we took from Santo Tomas on the bikes. This only shows The route down to Quatros Casas. This doesnt show our run down to the dead end at Puerto Santo Tomas or our ride back up on the road.

Baja8-12-07.jpg

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Thanks for the ride report. Sounds like a good ride for me and my wife on our race ready Honda trail 90s. She wants to surf too. Then to Mikes sky Ranch the back way, its mostly single track.

post-465-1187064715_thumb.jpg