Sign in to follow this  
scottchapin

Elsinore to Santiago Peak to Corona and back

Didn't get to do this ride yet. Anyone want to go on Sunday 12/16 or anytime 22nd-23rd or 26th-30th?

Looking to ride Hwy 74 in Lake Elsinore to Santiago Peak and then on to Dos Lagos for lunch, then back the same way. It's about 65 rt miles of sometimes pretty challenging fire road. Here's a picture of it on Googlemaps:

Anyone want to go on a slower trail ride with me and my little 200?

Scott

951-956-5610

scottchapin@ca.rr.com

Lake Elsinore to Santiago Peak map.htm

I was looking forward to this but got loaded up with holiday commitments. Next time. If you haven't been, the views from the peak are some of the best.

Hi Scott,

I'd like to join you, though I'm leaving for the east coast on Wednesday (12th) and coming back on Monday (17th)

so this weekend is out for me. If you end up doing this later in the month, then I can negotiate with

the spousal unit when I get back and most likely can join you.

Looks like at least 3 of us are going this Sunday the 16th. Starting at Highway 74 and 3S04 (Blue Jay Campground)at 9a. Riding to Dos Lagos for lunch and back. About 50 miles. Let me know if you can make it. If not maybe we can do it again after Christmas.

What's this ride like? Mostly offroad? I had trouble viewing the map after downloading so couldn't get a feel for it. Any more info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

TO

Hope I'm not steppin' on toes here, but THIS is my take on what has been described. Everything in the green is off road if I remember correctly.

Correct, everything in the green section of the map is dirt. It's fire road and passable by normal 4x SUVs. Some areas are steep but if a stock SUV can make it... I'm hoping I can too. I've ridin the first 5 miles of it only.