Sign in to follow this  
KTMrad

Pablo the Adventure Rider from Argentina

Just a Great Friday Night.....

I called my friend Eddie, he was solo tonight without his wife Sweetie.

We agreed to meet at Tower 2 (around the corner from South Beach Bar & Grille, by Nick's & Shades). They have just as good fish tacos as South Beach, just not the same happenin' bar atmosphere.

As I was getting ready to leave the house, I got a call on the cell and didn't recognize the number but answered anyway. It was Pablo from Argentina, the Round the World Traveler who was at our SDAR Club meeting the other night. I asked what he was doing, and since I offered to take him out for dinner earlier in the week, he said yes, and he was just picking up his Chinese 200cc dualsport from Vespa Motorsports on Pacific Hwy. So I met Pablo down there so he could follow me to Tower 2. Called Ed and told him I'd be a few minutes late because I was bringing a surprise for him.

Pablo just had the piston, rings and cylinder replaced ( a whole $76 in parts) on the bike, and followed me on the sidestreets to OB and Tower 2.

We all had some grilled fish tacos and a couple brewskis.....I bought Pablo dinner and Ed bought him a pack of smokes, since Pablo is living the moto dream !

Pablo told us some good stories and definitely an inspiration to go on big moto trips and/or around the world. Very cool guy....he is 43 and has no plans for the rest of his life, this trip will basically determine the rest of his life. He said when you choose to leave everything you know behind and go on a trip like this, it changes who you are and your outlook on life...definitely something I hope and really want to do before I'm 60.

Pablo also liked Codyboy as shown in the photos.

Attached are pix from tonight....

Also, on another note.....I hit Lucy's and then Mother's Bar (used to be the old Heavy Metal Club in OB).....Mother's has in house homemade bacon....I ordered an IPA and some bacon wrapped Jalapenos....OH MY....YUM ! Their burgers are supposed to be great with the homemade bacon. Also, of course Codyboy was a hit with all the people going out at the bar, as he always is.

Just another GREAT Friday night in Paradise.

post-2-028378800 1354956987_thumb.jpg

post-2-084233100 1354957003_thumb.jpg

post-2-070019500 1354957016_thumb.jpg

post-2-077093800 1354957026_thumb.jpg

post-2-049263300 1354957041_thumb.jpg

Smiles like this one from my grandson Kingston tend to have an effect on my outlook on life also! He is 15 months old and has no plans for the rest of his life either. Maybe that is the secret of life, to take it as it comes and to make the best of it!

"Pablo told us some good stories and definitely an inspiration to go on big moto trips and/or around the world. Very cool guy....he is 43 and has no plans for the rest of his life, this trip will basically determine the rest of his life. He said when you choose to leave everything you know behind and go on a trip like this, it changes who you are and your outlook on life...definitely something I hope and really want to do before I'm 60".

KIT002.jpg

Kris....nice pic, looks like a future Adventure Rider right there ! :coolio:

Pablo came to one of our SDAR Meetings and then my friend Ed and I took him to dinner. Since then, he's been to Seattle, across parts of Canada, thru parts of the U.S. and now is in Miami.

He called me to ask for help....he has to leave the U.S. in a few days, and must leave his bike here. His Chinese 200cc motorcycle is worn out and he's going to Columbia to go backpacking, then back to Argentina to find work, then eventually continue on his round the world trip whether it be on a new bike, a bicycle, or whatever.

Anyway, he asked if anyone knows someone well (a good friend, trustworthy person, etc.) within 100 miles of Miami where he can store his bike for quite awhile...probably at least a few months, year, or more.

Anyone know somebody ??

Please PM me if you do...he's only got about 7 days or so left before he has to leave the country.

I said he could store it at my house, but he doesn't have the money to ship it cross country to SD.

Here's a LINK to his Round the World Adventure Ride SITE

Thanks !

I dont know of anybody around florida...but if he can get to Baton Rouge LA. I could help him out.