Sign in to follow this  
Crawdaddy

Blues, Brews and Trails.....

I seem to be pretty booked up with “stuff” in August…..middle weekends are already booked and then 3 of my kids have birthdays at the end of the month……

Sooooo, I’m thinking very seriously about heading to Mammoth Thursday night, riding a few of the Mammoth Loops from the Sneakers MC website on Friday/Sat (Maybe Mammoth to Bodie/Lee Vining and back on Friday and various local "loops" on Sat?)

Maybe catch the Mammoth Blues/Brews Fest Friday/Saturday nights?

Then maybe ride the Coyote Flats loop from the Sneakers MC on Sunday morning before heading home

Sneakers Bishop Loops .......I figure it’ll be too hot for the other Bishop loops this time of year

Not sure if I'll go for it....no idea where'd I'd stay.....just kicking the idea around.....

Anybody else interested?

A bunch from the ADVrider site are doing the following, which includes a dinner Saturday night at Reds Meadows by Devils Postpile. We get to ride in instead of the bus.

3rd Annual WMRS Ride III in Bishop, CA

I'm heading up early Thursday morning (by motorcycle) and will be camping at least a few nights with the group.

Hey Crawdaddy,

Have you ridden up there before? Any details on what the trails are like? Are they all dual-sport or is green sticker ok?

This weekend is my son's birthday so my chances of a hall pass are slim, but I might be able to swing it if he goes along and we call it a father and son birthday celebration. :unsure:

I'm going to have to bookmark those sites for future use in any case!!! :dance3:

Hey Crawdaddy,

Have you ridden up there before? Any details on what the trails are like? Are they all dual-sport or is green sticker ok?

This weekend is my son's birthday so my chances of a hall pass are slim, but I might be able to swing it if he goes along and we call it a father and son birthday celebration. :blink:

I'm going to have to bookmark those sites for future use in any case!!! :lol:

I've ridden the trails along the side of the Mammoth Scenic Loop (the paved road that leads out to 395 from Mammoth) as well as some of the stuff alongside 395........Jarrett and I just sorta screwed around out there after mtn biking at the ski resort one day a couple of years ago........the mtn bikes went up in the truck and the dirt bikes came out/down from the truck........but that's about it......I'm not very familiar with the riding available in the area which is one of the reasons I'm thinking about riding a few of the Sneakers loops since roll charts/GPS tracks are available free of charge.......I believe the stuff alongside the paved scenic loop road is green sticker safe but we also drifted onto a few mountain bike trails where motorized vehicles may or may not be permitted :unsure: ......I'm not sure? :dance3: ..........I'm sure some of the trails/loops near June lake are in a designated OHV/green sticker area (snow mobile trails)......a friend of mine has been up there with his kids a few times with their green sticker bikes/quads but I've never ridden there.........and it looks like the Sneakers Mammoth loops include that area as well.........but you'd definitely need a plate for the Sneakers Mammoth to Bodie loop and/or the Bishop loops.....

Get your boy on a bike with a plate as soon as he's big/strong enough.....looks like he's already skilled enough.....

post-70-1185906068_thumb.jpg