chickenheart

fork brace deminsions

does anyone have the demensions or a drawing for a dr650 fork brace that i could get?or maybe just know where i can get one. A buddy of mine is willing to make me one to save me the dough.

Ed; I have an SRC fork Brace Kit on my pig, they do make a huge difference in the handling on and off road. I was going to put a steering stabilizer on but since the Brace works so well I decided not to.

Here is a link to a place that sells one for the DR's.

http://www.apgparts.com/pm-754-2-fork-brace-kit.aspx

They are asking allot of $$$ for them though. It is the complete kit though... It comes with the plastic guards and wiper boots.

You could come over to the house and we'll take mine off to see if it will fit your DR, if it does I'll let you take it to your friend so he can use it as a template to make you one.

Just PM me if that works and I'll give you my # and address.

Gunz

that would be great except my buddie is in washington but i might still be able to get deminsions we'll have to get together soonof course it will have to be next week sometime. i'm totally swamped this week with chores and family obligations wont even be able to get the dr blinkers fixed until monday or so.

thanks

ed

ebay item #290138060808.

Sorry for the hijack Chickenheart:

I need to wrap my header, been looking into it and think it does make a difference with the heat and fuel burn efficeincy so I'm going to try it........

headerwrap.jpg

I would never bother doing it on a liquid cooled bike but the XR being what it is I think it will help.

Well I bought a 50ft roll of 1" ceramic header tape, enough to do two bikes easy from what I was told so anyone who might want to try it is welcome to the tape left after I am done wrapping the Pigs header.

hijack off.