Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hammerin Hammon

1 2 up beach ride 1 solo. killer weather small surf!

Guest Hammerin Hammon

It was such a nice weekend, I bought another surfboard for small surf, strapped it to my bike, got my wife in her suit and headed to Oceanside to find a breaking peak. I found a small but surfable wave and was stoked I was on my bike because parking it at the beach is so easy. I spent about 45 minutes surfing tinny waves, and my new mush buster was working well. :huh: Once I had my fill of surf it was back to Carlsbad. It was such a nice day to be crusing the beaches 2 up with a surfboard at my side. Its kinda funny all the people who havnt seen a bike with a surfboard rack. They constantly point at us and we get all kinds of thumbs up, even from the Carlsbad cops.

My second surf ride was later in the afternoon. since the tide was high I headed south to a beach break (turn arounds) I sat on the cliff for a while checking the surf out till I saw a peak that looked fun. I surfed another 40 minutes till I got boared then climbed the cliff and headed home.

I want to do some Baja surf trips on my bike this summer but right now I am so buisy with work I cant Imagine leaving here. at least I can still do local surf sessions. :huh::blink:

post-465-1184562099_thumb.jpg

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Today it felt hot even at the beach, so after a hard day at work I grabbed my surfboard and crused the coast looking for surf. I first headed to Turn Arounds but didnt feel like climbing the cliff, so I headed North to Oceanside (in search of surf) I found a nice peak breaking both right and left in front of jr. Seau`s beach house. What a nice afternoon. :blink::huh:

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Another nice day on the books. I spent the hole day a little over one block from the beach in Carlsbad (it sure seemed hot) I couldnt imagine being on the other side of the 5. At about 7. 45 I was off to the beach in surch of surf. I found a little peak at Turn Arounds, and started to suit up when a sweet vXT 500 rode by. They turned around, I guess thats why they call it turn arounds. Any way it was XSTEVE riding Two up. His XT sure looked nice and shiny I didnt know his XT was such a gem. Last time I rode with him we were all covered in dust. I couldnt talk long, My window for surfing was closing quickly. I ran to the beach and surfed until dark 30. what a awsome way to end the day. :P:P

Another nice day on the books. I spent the hole day a little over one block from the beach in Carlsbad (it sure seemed hot) I couldnt imagine being on the other side of the 5.

Not too bad out here east of the 5 a little hot midday. Rode the KTM for about an hour all around Julian putting around on trails and dirt roads on top the hill. Lots of gates and private property makes it hard to go far on dirt. Later just after sunset I took the Honda out for a nice cool run.

Carlsbad can be suprisingly hot, My ex-girlfriend lives right by the Boar's Head Saloon in those newer condos. The windows face North and South - so without a cross breeze it is hot. I was at Legoland one summer and could not believe how hot it felt. I think the humidity had something to do with it.

Anyway it must be nice to live at the coast. Someday I might move into my rental by Pendleton's main gate but it is kinda gettoish - and still east of the 5.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

4-6 foot surf is on the way, South swell. Tuesday through Wednesday. 7-23-24-07

I'll be at Turnarounds at ~11:30 on Tuesday.......lunch time surf session with a bunch of folks from work

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I'll be at Turnarounds at ~11:30 on Tuesday.......lunch time surf session with a bunch of folks from work

Hey Crawdad I will try to sneak away from my job to surf with you guys tuesday. You guys wont miss me I will ride up on my (Baggar dirt bike) with surfboard rack. B)