Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

Pine Valley 07/09/07

Hi all, I am leaving to go do a little ride from Pine Valley maybe over to Corral Canyon, will probably be there by 3:15. No street, all dirt, if anybody doesn't have anything better to do, join me :lol:

Well, it's all over now, I had lots of fun and a flat tire. Now I'll have dinner and fix a flat tire :lol:

Well, it's all over now, I had lots of fun and a flat tire Now I'll have dinner and fix a flat tire :bb:

I don't like flat tires ;) From all my riding through out the years since I was 9-years-old, I never had a flat tire until Saturday on the way to Carguys home (through Otay Montain Dirt). It was not fun... I was lucky my cel was active and my son could pick me up. Actually I enjoyed the scenery while I waited in the heat (saw some interesting birds). I tried to fix the flat by myself (with out my mechanically oriented son's help) on Sunday (I wanted to pretend I was in the middle of nowhere). I set the bike on some stand, and when I pulled the rear tire the bike fell to the side on top of me, and I could not get up for some time. After I put a new tube, while I tried to push the rubber on the rim, I pinched the new tub and there goes the air ;) ...Anayway, I dislike flat tires... why are there big nails on trails and off-roading places?? :lol: I would not mind if it's a natural source (I got a flat on my Jeep while riding a trail in Baja, and it was a sharp rock). Well, I would mind, but not be upset.

But if I want to be a real adventure rider, I supposed I need to learn my bike in and out and be ready for what ever happens. At least now I got a little more confidence. :lol:

Sorry to hear about the flat. Such misfortunes are certainly unfortunate. I can say I've had a flat or two in my day. A small can of Motorcycle fix-a-flat is a good idea for the tool bag. If not, a patch kit or tube, tire irons and pump are now with me on every ride.

I've been sitting on this one for awhile but I think I'm gonna start using it....

ttiwwp.gif

Sorry to hear about the flat. Such misfortunes are certainly unfortunate. I can say I've had a flat or two in my day. A small can of Motorcycle fix-a-flat is a good idea for the tool bag. If not, a patch kit or tube, tire irons and pump are now with me on every ride.

I've been sitting on this one for awhile but I think I'm gonna start using it....

ttiwwp.gif

I always carry a full kit with irons, pump, patches etc, but didn't even notice a problem while I was riding. Got home and....hey a flat rear tire with a great big metal thingie sticking out of it. The bead wasn't even disturbed, so it must have happened near the end. This was a ride on a twostroke THE BEST THING ON EARTH! oops, did I say that out loud? :lol: so I probably would have beat my camera to an early grave, carrying it on that bike. I ride a twostroke just a wee bit different than something with four strokes, something about the power to weight ratio and also power to displacement ratio. Even crashes are more fun on a twostroke ;)

Anyway, it's the same old terrain, I'm by myself and the most exciting thing in it, so it would be tough to come up with some good photos, but if I did, I'd be sure to post 'em in the 'writeups and photos" section :lol: