Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

Gal Friday ride on a Sunday 07/22/12

So....Christi20 had some new trails to show Tweety999 and I, so we assembled at Duffyland to head out on a nice dualsport ride.

Our route took us to some interesting and scenic back trails near Palomar mountain. After exploring those trails, we went over the top of Palomar and back to Christi's on the highway. The morning started out hot and humid, and worked us pretty good, along with the trails, which while not exactly black diamond, still took a certain amount of attention and skill to negotiate. By the time we made our way onto the mountain, summer storm clouds rolled in and lowered the overall temperatures a bit. A few light sprinkles fell as we rolled down the south end of the mountain.

A stop at the Sunshine Summit general store, and some tall cans of iced tea revived the group before we headed back up the highway. It was a very nice day, and I hadn't seen my two friends for a while, so it was nice to catch up on things with them, as well as the DS riding.

Tweetz on the left and our guide, Christi20 on the right.

IMG_1038.jpg

A little bike dirt napping for Tweety. Each one of us did that at least once during the course of the day.

IMG_1040.jpg

A second run goes as smooth as silk.

IMG_1041.jpg

IMG_1042.jpg

Christi showed us the coolest canyon with a little clear creek running through the bottom of it.

IMG_1043.jpg

Christi checks out the east side of the canyon.

IMG_1044.jpg

We was there!

IMG_1045.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

The camera took three shots on timer mode. I never had this happen before, as I didn't see an option for it.

IMG_1047.jpg

Photo by Christi, just after I dumped my TE in some loose leaves on an uphill. My battery went dead, so I had to kickstart the bike. Not a problem with kickstarting it....until the bike flops over on its side and floods the engine.

Palomar07-22-12.jpg

Anyway, it was fun to get together with my pals and explore some new routes. :party:

great shots, nice DS/off road ride!! Very cool.