May 30 - June 22, 2007

7761 miles. San Diego. 2007 Reno V-Strom Gathering. Jasper. ALCAN to Whitehorse. Skagway. Stewart-Cassiar Highway. Hyder. Highway 99 to Whistler. US-101 and CA-1 back down the West Coast.

Here's a little teaser to entice you to go N2A (North to Alaska)...

YouTube Video:

Also, here are some unconventional picks you might not see otherwise. One is a bit of an inside joke that some of you will get a chuckle out of...

p6040125e.jpg

p6090239e.jpg

p6100292e.jpg

p6110338e.jpg

i am looking forward to traveling to alaska by the alaska hwy on a vacation in the future.

can you tell me, what are the services and accomodations like along the journey.

what worries me is fuel availability and availability of hot food and lodging.

thanks.

i am looking forward to traveling to alaska by the alaska hwy on a vacation in the future.

can you tell me, what are the services and accomodations like along the journey.

what worries me is fuel availability and availability of hot food and lodging.

thanks.

Chris, lodging and fuel really are not a worry in Alaska. I rode most of the main roads in heart of the state in 11 days, the only place I had to bum gas was on the way to Prudhoe Bay and you have to time your daily riding to hit the towns with lodging, or carry camping gear. When you are ready to plan your trip, I can help you. Also, get a book called the Mile Post for Alaska. If you're passing through Canada on the way, I think that's where you have to plan more for fuel.

Craig, looking forward to the rest of your write-up !

Very successful "teaser" ... I like!

And now might I add ... very successful write-up and photo journalism. Great job!

Very successful "teaser" ... I like!

And now might I add ... very successful write-up and photo journalism. Great job!

Thanks Brett! I'm going to help Lisa get the last bit posted hopefully this afternoon. After Corral Canyon Trail Maintenance this morning... I'm out of the sun for the rest of the day!! :)

The report is basically done now. Just added some maps too, like this showing the days by color:

alcan0607d.jpg

This is the whole route:

alcan0607a.jpg

Here's a few for the BMW guys. This is "Smelly Biker". Yep, smellybiker.com! :lol:

p6220060e.jpg

Hey, it's probably a BMW...

p6210032e.jpg

Plenty of stuff along the way to keep your bike dirty: :unsure:

p6110357e.jpg

p6130406e.jpg

p6130419e.jpg

p6130481e.jpg

p6220052e.jpg