If I wanted to just wire in a new pushbutton straight to the starter relay would that bypass the ignition switch and engine run switch?

I did this on my 1973 Mercury Comet for 5 years... ignition "on", open glove box, push the button

that being said; you should just take apart the push button on your bike... it's happened to me a couple of time, and is an easy/plug in switch... did cost $60 though

If I wanted to just wire in a new pushbutton straight to the starter relay would that bypass the ignition switch and engine run switch?

I did this on my 1973 Mercury Comet for 5 years... ignition "on", open glove box, push the button

that being said; you should just take apart the push button on your bike... it's happened to me a couple of time, and is an easy/plug in switch... did cost $60 though

The ignition start push button switch was fine. There is a suspect relay, I think we figured out that it was the side stand switch relay. First we removed and bypassed the side stand switch with no change. Then we bypassed the relay and the bike starts. It's a temp fix, but it might remain permanent because it's so awesome. I'm going to look at the wiring diagram some more and see if we can remove that relay.

Make sure it is in nuetral. Does it have a kickstand safety switch?

lights work- battery might be the issue but probably not

clutch bypass, sidestand by-pass, and neutral- My opinion is to disable all those things

good luck

Even with all of that bypassed, the relay wasnt working and there was no start. It probably can be removed, just need to do some wiring diagram inspection.