Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

HJC SAPIEN

I just purchased a new helmet to add to my collection. I needed one that would match my TE 450, so I went out a-shoppin till I spied a black,white,red and silver HJC CL-X5 Sapien at my local dealer. The perfect match and not expensive either, retailing out at about 160 bucks (I paid less). It was plastic composition and lightweight, had nice styling and the little owners booklet assured me that the helmet was designed to reduce lift and noise at speed. I was soon to find out if this was true or not, by wearing the lid on my Saturday afternoon ride. It was pretty warm that day and I took part of the "Newbie Ride" route through the Lagunas and added in a little other stuff. There was some slow stuff and highway speeds, so I found that the helmet was well ventilated and pretty darned quiet at 60 mph and stable too. I thought it was quite nice for a dirt helmet on both the street and the dirt and would recommend it to anybody looking for a dirt style helmet. They come in enough colors to satify any brand owner, including an orange one for all you KTMers B)