Got any good fishing photos? POST 'EM ! :D

(( Legal catches only please ! If you are a rotten stinkin' poacher, I'd rather not know about it. ))

I'll start it out with a great trip that I just took for my birthday up in the Sierra Nevada======>>

Me and Pops hiked out from here. We couldn't have asked for better weather.

SouthLake.jpg

SouthLake2.jpg

The trail took us up past this lake.

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

Upwards through the rocks to incredibley beautiful forests, meadows and streams.

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

Arriving at lake one, perfect Conditions ! Dad says thumbs up, it's time to fish !

IMG_0097.jpg

Dad sneaks up on them and makes a cast. ( See him down there in the bushes? )

IMG_0098.jpg

He sees a riser and pops up to make another perfect cast . . .

IMG_0100.jpg

Bingo, a nice Brook Trout !

IMG_0115.jpg

We had a really great time hiking and fly fishing that day . .

IMG_0123.jpg

And we all ate very very good that night ! :D

IMG_0127.jpg

An excellent view on the way out. Fantastic ! ! !

IMG_0134.jpg

An absolutely epic Birthday Weekend ! (except I wasn't riding my motorcycle . . . B) )

So now I'm a little bit older, and hopefully just slightly wiser !

I guess we'll see . . . :D

RIDE ON MIS AMIGOS ! ! !

Hooboy, that looks like fun. I have never fished for brookies or fished in the Sierras. The rules and regs are so nutty, you have to drag the little reg book with you just to keep things straight. It might read something like this; Upper Horsepotootie creek from Prozak Valley campground to Phoonman Crossing, 2 rainbows per day between 14 and 20 inches, Lower Horsepotootie creek from Prozak Valley campground to Slackers Bend, 0 take, artificials, barbless hooks only, no live bait unless it's Tuesday, but not during leap year etc... :D I can never plan to get away on such adventures. That is why I fish locally. A little bassin, (OK, mostly bassin) some panfish and maybe the bays or inshore. I'll even stoop to fishin for putntake trout sometimes. But I'd have to get off my motorcycles to do that, and that's tough to do. I have had bad days of fishing, but I have almost never had a bad day of motorcycling. I guess that's because when I go fishing, expecting to get fish and I don't, I am disappointed. When I go for a ride, that is what I went for, and I always get it B) I guess that's why I'm Dirt Dame instead of Trout Dame :D

Who wants to play Name That Fish ??

I got these two beauties a couple weeks ago out at one of my secret spots

Bass_Cliffs-0607_sm.jpg

I love those. I don't get out to catch em very often, but when I do I usually do pretty well. Biggest Calico I ever caught (or plaid bass as I like to refer to them :) ) was just over 6 pounds. Caught him on a live 'diney. I forgot how sharp their teeth are, especially when they are that big, so when I made the mistake of grabbing 'im by the mouth, he chewed my fingers up like an industrial food processer with fins. My friend took a picture of me with the prize, but later in the day I managed to slip on a slimey deck and fling my camera into the ocean as I fell and my hand hit the railing :)

If we are playing name that fish, I'll name your two Fred and Wilma :D

ahahhahahahahaha, you're cracking me up ! That's a horrible story about your camera and your head though . . . :)

Striper-Bass1.jpg

Hmmm, I must have hit my HAND so hard, that you thought it was my head. When my hand hit the rail, it knocked the camera out of my hand. That's a nice striper...nother secret spot?

Yes, it's almost always at one secret spot or another that I make my best catches . . .

IMG_0042.jpg

Troy_Giant_Squid_web.jpg

Shovelnose-Shark-2.jpg

Spyder-Crab-OB.jpg

this last one felt like a tin can coming up

a few highlights from previous seasons

Lobster-Show_sm.gif

oooooh, nice scenery, would've blended with lime green :huh: Hey, were you in stealth mode, or can you give us the GPS lat/long on it, love to scoot up someplace nice for the weekend to hike long hours and smell badly. I go on fishing safety trips...if I'm there, the fish are safe.