I am new to the Forum I have been living in SoCal for 11years now transplant from the East Coast due to the Military. Love the weather out here fishing and hunting. Me and my son have dirtbikes and ATV's places we have ridden are Wildamar, Octillo Wells and Hungry Valley. Looking for new places to ride nearby due to rising gas prices. Got any suggestions let me know Thanks :D

I am new to the Forum I have been living in SoCal for 11years now transplant from the East Coast due to the Military. Love the weather out here fishing and hunting. Me and my son have dirtbikes and ATV's places we have ridden are Wildamar, Octillo Wells and Hungry Valley. Looking for new places to ride nearby due to rising gas prices. Got any suggestions let me know Thanks :D

first suggestion... www.thumpertalk.com "where to ride" section... it has ALMOST every place listed. and you can sort them by nearest to your home address.

nearby San Diego; we also have: Plaster City/Superstition and Glamis... hot right now... Corral Canyon/Bear Valley- still pretty comfortable, but not a lot of miles... Lark Canyon... went there the other day after work, and rode til dark... not too bad heat wise, and all but deserted.

MOST of the rides here seem to include some street riding, or at least street legal bikes needed.

Welcome to SDAR!

Welcome Mudslinger400EX :D From San Clemente you can head up to Arrowhed and Big Bear pretty quickly. bikeslut's suggestion of checking thumpertalk is a good one too. You should be able to find some riding buddies in SOuth Orange County.

Keep checking the Local Rides section here too. I'm sure we'll have some folks heading up to the mountains again soon :D

Welcome mudslinger400ex; I take it you are a Marine huh? :)

You got a plate on that 440 EX? If so you are in for some good times with this group.

If you have not done it yet check out the MSF dirtbike school on base at Pendleton, I did it two years ago due to the mandatory Navy, Marine Corps and DOD requirements for active duty personnel riding atv's and dirtbikes on Military bases.

Even though Pendelton does not allow offroad riding there are other bases that do like Fallon and White Sands.

Kevin Frantum is a good instructor and the course is free for active duty and dependents (16 years and older).

It's pretty cool knowing that you are getting paid to ride for a day. If you need more info just PM me and I'll shoot you the # to call.

Look forward to meeting you on a ride, welcome again and enjoy!

Gunner

Welcome mudslinger400ex; I take it you are a Marine huh? :)

You got a plate on that 440 EX? If so you are in for some good times with this group.

If you have not done it yet check out the MSF dirtbike school on base at Pendleton, I did it two years ago due to the mandatory Navy, Marine Corps and DOD requirements for active duty personnel riding atv's and dirtbikes on Military bases.

Even though Pendelton does not allow offroad riding there are other bases that do like Fallon and White Sands.

Kevin Frantum is a good instructor and the course is free for active duty and dependents (16 years and older).

It's pretty cool knowing that you are getting paid to ride for a day. If you need more info just PM me and I'll shoot you the # to call.

Look forward to meeting you on a ride, welcome again and enjoy!

Gunner

Thanks for the info Yes me and my son are signed up for the Course here on base guess were just waiting for a full class at this time. Sorry I am not a Marine but have served with them the past 11 years I am a Corpsman. I don't ride street bikes anymore due to a bad accident in my younger days I consider myself lucky to be alive so don't ride the streets anymore.

I am new to the Forum I have been living in SoCal for 11years now transplant from the East Coast due to the Military. Love the weather out here fishing and hunting. Me and my son have dirtbikes and ATV's places we have ridden are Wildamar, Octillo Wells and Hungry Valley. Looking for new places to ride nearby due to rising gas prices. Got any suggestions let me know Thanks :)

first suggestion... www.thumpertalk.com "where to ride" section... it has ALMOST every place listed. and you can sort them by nearest to your home address.

nearby San Diego; we also have: Plaster City/Superstition and Glamis... hot right now... Corral Canyon/Bear Valley- still pretty comfortable, but not a lot of miles... Lark Canyon... went there the other day after work, and rode til dark... not too bad heat wise, and all but deserted.

MOST of the rides here seem to include some street riding, or at least street legal bikes needed.

Welcome to SDAR!

Thanks for the info. I don't ride streebikes anymore due to a bad accident.

Welcome Mudslinger400EX B) From San Clemente you can head up to Arrowhed and Big Bear pretty quickly. bikeslut's suggestion of checking thumpertalk is a good one too. You should be able to find some riding buddies in SOuth Orange County.

Keep checking the Local Rides section here too. I'm sure we'll have some folks heading up to the mountains again soon :)