Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

Another weekday ride at McCain

Red sticker season will be over in less than two weeks so I have been getting in all the dirt rides I can with my best dirt bikes before they have to twiddle their thumbs all summer. So the high desert is quite pretty after recent storms, and temperatures will be nice and fair. The usual time and place for a few hours of fun. :party:

I would like to go, I have never ridden in that area before so I do not know the usual place and time.I have a KTM 300 dirt only and a plated 525 EXC

Either of those will work out there. Of course the smaller of the two will work better for the tight trails.

Ten o clock at the picnic tree staging area. You can see the tree, tables and the outhouse from McCain Valley road before you get to the entrance.

I am in San Marcos and I see you are in Escondido What time do you usually leave to get there then? Thanks.... Corey

I am in San Marcos and I see you are in Escondido What time do you usually leave to get there then? Thanks.... Corey

I am meeting another rider over in the old Mervyns parking lot on West Valley Parkway around 8. Usually takes an hour and a half to an hour and 45 minutes to make the 82 mile drive out. Could take a little bit longer if the freeway is backed up.

I will see you out there in a white Ford truck W/ camper shell and a bumper rack. Is any parking or adventure pass needed?

I will see you out there in a white Ford truck W/ camper shell and a bumper rack. Is any parking or adventure pass needed?

It is BLM land, so no adventure pass is necessary. I'll be in a Jeep with a WR300 on the back.