robertaccio

2011 Husqvarna TE310

Guest Crusty

I rode Corral Canyon Sunday, with a Kevin on a new Husky, and Mike on a 530 KTM

I was surprised how nice the Husky is for the price, and how light it is.

Have you ridden your new Husky at a MX. track yet?

I never see them at the track.

My CRF 450X ROCKs the track, but has no plate yet.

Craig.

Craig, She is very "soft" for track use. But sooner or later Ill spin some laps or get dragged into it from the crew.And familiarize myself with where I need to go with the clicker setup to keep it comforatble out there.

I did alot of laps on the Cahuilla vet track with my TXC450(very soft for trail riding), I think the Cahuilla main would be OK as far as the track design for me and the 310.My concern there is the number of really fast guys out there. The Ranch Carlsbad track , old school type layout suits my B/Int MX skill level and the enduro Husky should be fine there.(Plus I just love that track, some how its familiar for us mature guys!!)

C, that X of yours is a thinly veiled CRF man I am sure that thing rips on the MX track even if little softer than the MX machine, most of us ammies go better on a softer suspended and motor hit machine anyway!

After riding my ex RM125 on the Cahuilla, Pala and Ranch tracks I promised never to ride anything but a 125 on an MX track for alot of reasons, mostly the fun factor among others (safety is high up too). But that kind of promise can be broken!! I love 125s on the track the sound is enough to make you feel like a hero even if you are getting smoked by the fast guys!!

Glad you got a spin on an X-lite chassis machine, mine is very close to being completly dialed in now, just maybe a few more clicker adjustments for perfection.

I think one of the best SoCal X-lite track bikes at the moment is Andy Jefferson's TE310 MX conversion machine, he has that thing really dialed in.

But with the 2012 MX husky TC250 new head and other updates I think we will see another brand lining up at the gate and being competitive with the (now) Big 5 very soon. Keep those track day meeting notices coming, Thanks R

If a track day comes up I'll try and get one of the crew(the dealer) to come up with the 2012 TC250. He has been riding the TC250 at the new Elsinore track lately. I'll drop you a line when he's heading up to the track or try and coordinate a track day meet for some track seat time for all of us. R

Well we did the Jamul track and kept it very inside the envelope and safe the bike is super easy to ride. I played a little with settings but feel like a screwed it up for my preferred offroad stuff. Back to my notes and back to mccain and need to ride some laps on the "new" trail at corral for S/T set up dial in. Dai Jones when you get back here we need to do a bunch of back and forths.

Dai Jones when you get back here we need to do a bunch of back and forths.

Can you send me an invite for a suspension dialing day? I just got mine "worked" and need to get it all tuned in.

The TE310 now has the Ca. Plate out back, for "DS" areas.

Any other add ons or offs can be asked in PM.

Latest stuff,

using FIM/DOT Pirelli scorpions pros with Michelin Mousses

Cole from FasstCo did a full bushing rebuild on my FlexxBars at the Gorman event gratis!! Thank You FasstCo/FlexxBars

Installed a supersproxx rear 52 up from a 50 to lower my gearing a little for the single track to keep myself more in second gear.

Sent my Sachs shock in for rebuild service to ZipTy and got back an incredible (better than before rear shock) which was previously updated but had blown a seal at the last race.

Bike is working great

been using MotoRex 10w60 the OEM recommended viscosity and the clutch works better, but I will be sending my basket to ZipTy racing to do a mod to replace the OEM buffer grommets with a higher heat resistant type from Tys lab. The clutch sometimes is chattery on launch.

Final configuration 52 tooth rear sprocket supersproxx steel/alloy. RK X-ring chain, final drive is now 13/52. the OEM standard offroad setting was 13/50.LeoVince CF pipe guard. long list of other ride and race mods. Also balanced wheels rear with rimlock used @90 grams of sticky weights, BALANCE your dirtbike wheels!!! Less vibes smoother suspension action.

aug2012LHS.jpg

aug2012RHS.jpg