roadchick

New Dirt Rider

I think the tires may have hindered you in the sand, my first trip on my old 600 was to mikes sky ranch and not knowing better I rode with a tire similar to the one you have pictured, I am no expert but tires and bike weight trimming make a huge difference.

Welcome, see you at the dash?

I think the tires may have hindered you in the sand, my first trip on my old 600 was to mikes sky ranch and not knowing better I rode with a tire similar to the one you have pictured, I am no expert but tires and bike weight trimming make a huge difference.

Welcome, see you at the dash?

Thanks for the welcome! The tires were a compromise because we rode 100 miles to the caves on the pavement and 25 or so off road. I do agree though! :)

Not a lot available for the NX250 in DOT dirt tires. Next time take the Yamaha out there and you'll be better equipped.

Not a lot available for the NX250 in DOT dirt tires. Next time take the Yamaha out there and you'll be better equipped.

I need to put the dirt tires/wheels on the WR250, but I will do that next time! :)

Rene- thank you for having enough class to ignore Paul's derogatory comment about me... I think it is jealousy

regarding sand on that bike- if you only fell once, with those tires, you did as well as paul did at Pine Valley Sunday :torch:

Welcome! I'm still working on the dirt thing, but without the street experience. I'll let you know when my husband and I go on a ride, he keeps it easy for me, good for someone new to the dirt. Happy riding. :coolio:

Welcome! I'm still working on the dirt thing, but without the street experience. I'll let you know when my husband and I go on a ride, he keeps it easy for me, good for someone new to the dirt. Happy riding. :coolio:

Thank you, that would be awesome! :)

Rene- thank you for having enough class to ignore Paul's derogatory comment about me... I think it is jealousy

regarding sand on that bike- if you only fell once, with those tires, you did as well as paul did at Pine Valley Sunday :torch:

Good to know! LOL