KTMrad

LowCal 250 Rally - April 28, 2012

SDAR always helps Craig (Sandiegoland) put on this rally.....

LINK to LowCal 250 Site HERE

The LowCal 250 Motorcycle Rally to Benefit the PKD Foundation is a fundraising event sponsored by San Diego BMW Motorcycles open to all adventurous riders on any street-legal motorcycle. Riders typically cover about 250 miles throughout San Diego County and beyond.

April 28, 2012:

•Advanced Registration required to guarantee entry

•Check-in, get final rally instructions - 7:00am

•Rider's Briefing - 7:20am

•Route Planning - 7:40am

•Odometer Check and Clock Start - until 9:00am

•Rally - 8 hours

•Odometer Check and Clock Stop

•Scoring, BBQ, and Awards - 5:00pm

Because the sponsor, San Diego BMW Motorcycles, provides dinner and covers all the costs of operating the rally, rider's entries are a 100% deductible donation to the PKD Foundation (The majority of donations have been between $50 and $100, but any amount you decide is welcome!!).

Generous sponsors of this year's merchandise prizes are Schuberth, Shoei and Nexx Helmets. California law requires use of a DOT certified helmet and the LowCal 250 recommends a quality full-face helmet that provides superior protection, quality features and long lasting comfort to reduce fatigue and enhance your riding pleasure.

Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD) affects 600,000 Americans and 12.5 million children and adults worldwide. Visit PKDcure.org to find out more about the only organization worldwide dedicated to promoting research to find a cure for PKD and improving the care and treatment of those it affects.

The 8-Hour Mini Rally is defined as a self-navigating bonus-hunting rally. Explore our novice rally instruction materials at Rally Routing 101 Wiki.

2011 Sponsorships and gifts in kind:

San Diego BMW Motorcycles - (619) 286-1971

Utah 1088 Rally

San Diego Adventure Riders (SDAR)

Lasting Impressions Print Shop - 619-449-5116

Paramount Gasket & Manufacturing

Kontiki Motorcycles - (858) 272-6751

Moto Forza - (760) 746-6001

GP Motorcycles - (619) 233-4762

BMW Motorcycles of Escondido - (760) 520-1288

Fun Bike Center - (858) 278-6635

MotoWorld of El Cajon - (619) 442-0941

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bump. I will be helping SanDiegoLand at this event, and I think Joliet will be also.

Bump. I will be helping SanDiegoLand at this event, and I think Joliet will be also.

Will be shooting for 3rd consecutive Podium.

Good cause.

But I'm not smart enough to do the math required. blush.gif

Was another successful event, thanks all the participants and their donations, to Craig who puts this on, SDBMW for hosting it and Gary Orr for the awesome BBQ steaks, salmon and bacon-wrapped stuffed jalapenos.

The ride raised over $3500 for the PKD Foundation. Was a pretty good turnout of rally participants as usual.

Joliet and I helped out as usual.

Craig, do you have a link to the pictures?

Ken, I'll call you with the link to the photographer's photos.

Also, THANKS to North County Yamaha (NCY) and Motoworld for throwing in some hats, t-shirts and a gift certificate as raffle prizes.