piratemonkey

Bicycle Dreams (RAAM movie)

There's another cycling documentary coming out. While Wayne and I are mountain biking honks, we're quite willing to watch our smooth-surface brethren suffer, so we're in. It's all about the two wheels, dirt or pavement, motor or no.

The email sent out by the promoter is below. Maybe we'll see some of you there.

----

I am the promoter who brought Ride The Divide to San Diego last year at the Hillcrest, an event which you attended. Thank you for your support. I trust you had an enjoyable evening.

Now I am back with another bike film, the award-winning Bicycle Dreams, the full-length documentary about Race Across America (RAAM). We are showing this film at the Museum of Photographic Arts (MOPA) in Balboa Park on the night of Thursday, Feb. 2 as a benefit for the San Diego County Bicycle Coalition. This should be an incredible evening, as Stephen Auerbach, the producer of the film, will be on hand, as will the legendary cyclist John Howard of Encinitas, who was one of the founders of this race. John will be our guest speaker after the event.

We expect this event to sell out well in advance of Feb. 2 and I am notifying you now so that you can purchase your tickets and spread the word to your cycling friends before everyone else finds out about this. Tickets are $11 in advance online at www.imathlete.com/events/bicycledreams and will $15 at the door the night of the show, but I do not expect any tickets to be left by then.

The information about the film is in the attached press release, and you can view our trailer at www.bicycledreamsmovie.com. There is also a printable poster that I might ask you to print out a few copies of and post at places you frequent that are also hangouts for other cyclists: your gym, the coffee shop, brew pubs.