Put the ride together on a short notice and had a blast.

Thank you Rick and Guy for showing up. Rick, thanks for showing the trails. It probably would have taken me a really long time to get from the cricket amphitheater to get to the power plant with all those roads there.

I still gotta remember it's not a dirt bike and stop riding it way too hard. Kept hitting the belly and bent the skidplate mounting bracket on the first real jump, now gotta get it fixed up. The strom behaves amazingly well in the dirt, by the way :)

Lots of fun, but only a few pictures. We ended up riding to the top of the Otay and the water crossing by the border. Decided against riding the border fence per my request (I really wears me out with that lighting there).

"You wanna piece of me?"

94da134e.jpg

I don't know why I kept taking pictures with Rick not facing the camera, but I tell ya, that's him!

d02651a7.jpg

At the water crossing with no water :)

1494642b.jpg

On the way back came across a herd of goats

d896fc16.jpg

Guy and Rick ran straight through them and scared them away before I had a chance to pull the camera out

8a3c9dfd.jpg

Guy and I were gunning it on the way back and...well..Guy was going a bit too fast :)

2df79163.jpg

I think there may have been a skunk in those bushes

7bf175d4.jpg

Great time. Thanks for those who joined :)

-George

Glad to be able to ride out there with new riding partners.beats riding solo.

I like that section under the 125- it was the scene of one of my first DS rides.

Did you go through the section between the bridge and through the fields over to the Power Plant? I've not done that in several years- plenty of intimidating signs.

The signs just say there may be unexploded bombs .

And "No Trespassing". I don't care about the unexploded bombs, and I like to ride that area. I mostly care about helicopters and radios.