bikeslut

monday, nov 21 lark canyon

I know not many people can ride weekdays...but I can

Fresh back from endurocross, I will be itching to ride. Lark is a good, safe place to ride by myself if need be...

Me: old, slow guy on a bone stock DRZ-

I'll show up at the benches 8ish, ready to ride shortly thereafter- anybody?

coming off an injured back so the slow part is appealing

feelin pretty good though - might take you up on it

I'd join you, but I will be taking a visiting SDAR member who lives in Nevada on a ride there on Tuesday.

Been hoping to ride with the legend BS for ages but never been able, this monday could work but 8am isn't good for me unless absolutely desperate mid summer when I can get out of bed to save frying. Will probably be out there ready to ride closer to 10am and have a nice 2hr single track loop with nothing too silly if we can meet up and want to see something probably new and fun.

Dan- I was a DNS last time we met, so it would be nice to ride with you

Dai- I am confident you will ride circles around me, but I like riding with faster peope, so that'll work- I stop by the tables about every hour so 10 would be perfect for round two...let's plan on that!

Mimi- what...you don't want to ride two days in a row?!?! Assuming Jule is not in town until Tuesday? If she is available Monday that would be great- I've conversed with her on line but never met her- I am in her town this weekend but unable to ride

To all: I am going either way, but riding partners are always good- supposed to get some rain this weekend, and that is when lark is at its best-November is also known as "use the sick time or lose the sick time" month...jes sayin'

If this is the same single track we rode last weekend this is going to be a very fun ride!! I have that lil thing called work to deal with on Monday and hopefully taking my bike to Precision on Monday!! I'll be there with some friends on Sunday early am! Bob can you make two days in a row??

I'm game, as I am still an unemployed bum, lot's of spare time to play... I have to drop the girlfriend at work around 8am so couldn't make it until 9 or 10. And I have no idea where this is either...

Take highway 8 East until the Boulevard exit...turn right...make a left on Old 80, then make a left towards McCain Valley (maybe 3 miles)

Turns to dirt after a couple, stay on that few more to the Lark Canyon OHV Day Use area- park near the oak tree/picnic tables/vault toilet

Take highway 8 East until the Boulevard exit...turn right...make a left on Old 80, then make a left towards McCain Valley (maybe 3 miles)

Turns to dirt after a couple, stay on that few more to the Lark Canyon OHV Day Use area- park near the oak tree/picnic tables/vault toilet

Anything in that area for the larger 800cc bikes? Or is it more of an enduro area? I ride Corral Canyon on the Tiger but just around the border road. Its to big for the single track.

I wouldn't make a special trip out there for riding, but yes; there is stuff to ride..most of the marked trails are wide enough for quads, not singletrack at all...plus some dirt roads leading to two desert overlooks

Good place to work on some skills too...short stretches of sand and woops...some ruts, etc. Good practice area for noobs and people on big bikes pushing their linits in small doses

BS

Looking forward to tomorrow, still can't convince my back to stop hurting and just "get on with it" ....

- been riding the neighborhood and taking it easy this weekend - I am sure I will good for a few hours

See you in the AM at Lark Canyon

Cool- see ya there! My knee is acting up too, so maybe I'll just take it easy until "stupid" sets in...we'll stop and chat often- just let me know how you're feeling at each stop

Ibuprofen and fluids