Glenn L

High Desert Ride Thurs. 11/10/11

Intermediate level trail ride for plated bikes this Thursday. The route will be 70% single track winding through Pinyon Pines and boulder formations at 3500 to 5500 elevations.. The ride location is about 15 minutes from my house in Apple Valley.

Bike and rider must be in good running condition, rider has to carry water, tools, and supplies to repair a flat on the trail. The pace will be friendly trail ride style, but we'll only take one long break for lunch. You'll need to bring lunch/snacks for the trail.

The area I'll be riding got rain all yesterday afternoon and acouple inches of snow overnight. More of the same type of weather is forecast for tomorrow so Thursday will have prime chocolate cake dirt. I plan to have kickstands up no later than 9:00am,finish by 3-4 pm. Ride will be 60-70 miles if we stick to mostly trails and a few roads. These are some of the best trails in my part of the High Desert!!

Whos in?

Man this sounds really fun! I could do something like this on a Monday or Tuesday. Thursdays just not good for me during school.

Michael,

I didn't know you are still going to school :lol: :lol: or is it mororcycle school? that is the one I am attending to get just a bachelor degree this time as I don't need to aim high at this stage of my life.

Man this sounds really fun! I could do something like this on a Monday or Tuesday. Thursdays just not good for me during school.

Hi Glen --Hope to make it up your way again. Got to work thur and commited to go to Ocitillo Wells this weekend.

Thanks for posting up your rides.

Michael,

I didn't know you are still going to school :lol: :lol: or is it mororcycle school? that is the one I am attending to get just a bachelor degree this time as I don't need to aim high at this stage of my life.

Good one! I have carpool duty for the kiddos...although the motorcycle school prob is something i could use!!