Lets ride Mexico

Rip to the tip (and possibly back)

Myself and two friends are planning another ride from Tecate to La Paz and "Hopefully riding back". I did this same ride 1.5 years ago from Tecate to Cabo and back. We rode our 450 KTM EXC's unsupported (no vehicle support) from the border and back (2650 miles in 14 days) We made it event free, not even a flat tire. We serviced the bikes in La Paz (Oil, filters, tires)

At the present time we are seeking "two" intermediate riders with EXTREMELY well perpared bikes with a fuel range of 125 miles (minimum). This ride is not for the "easy rider type" or someone on a larger (dualsport) tour bike and you have to be capable of riding between 200 and 300 miles a day. You will need a bike to bike radio communication system compatible with ours. This is a 400 to 500 dollar radio system that is available through Baja Designs (at least the helmet set) You will also need (but not necessarily manditory) after market lighting. There is nothing worse than having to ride after dark and having to use the stock head light. (Been there done that, and it doesn't work. Trust me)

There is a whole laundry list of necessities one will need for this ride. This last April when we rode one way down, we boarded an airplace and flew home and our bikes returned on a trailer. We paid two good friends to drive a truck down and bring our bikes back. This arrangement has not been confirmed at this time and we are seriously considering riding down and back again. Should you be interested please get back with me. joejacksonjr@aol.com

Myself and two friends are planning another ride from Tecate to La Paz and "Hopefully riding back". I did this same ride 1.5 years ago from Tecate to Cabo and back. We rode our 450 KTM EXC's unsupported (no vehicle support) from the border and back (2650 miles in 14 days) We made it event free, not even a flat tire. We serviced the bikes in La Paz (Oil, filters, tires)

At the present time we are seeking "two" intermediate riders with EXTREMELY well perpared bikes with a fuel range of 125 miles (minimum). This ride is not for the "easy rider type" or someone on a larger (dualsport) tour bike and you have to be capable of riding between 200 and 300 miles a day. You will need a bike to bike radio communication system compatible with ours. This is a 400 to 500 dollar radio system that is available through Baja Designs (at least the helmet set) You will also need (but not necessarily manditory) after market lighting. There is nothing worse than having to ride after dark and having to use the stock head light. (Been there done that, and it doesn't work. Trust me)

There is a whole laundry list of necessities one will need for this ride. This last April when we rode one way down, we boarded an airplace and flew home and our bikes returned on a trailer. We paid two good friends to drive a truck down and bring our bikes back. This arrangement has not been confirmed at this time and we are seriously considering riding down and back again. Should you be interested please get back with me. joejacksonjr@aol.com

I wonder about a approx route? Something to show how much dirt and how much of that is graded dirt roads vs 2track. Hotel or camping? Steve

I wonder about a approx route? Something to show how much dirt and how much of that is graded dirt roads vs 2track. Hotel or camping? Steve

Hello Steve Each year there is more and more pavement. It is now paved all the way from San Felipe to Gonzage Bay and about a 65 mile ride on the pavement into Bay of Los Angeles. This last year they were working on the paved road leading out of San Ignasio towards the beach. There is little doubt this will add about 35 or 40 miles of pavement before we turn back inland. 1.5 years ago when I rode down and back, there was about "maybe" 500 miles of pavement during the whole ride which makes servicing the bikes in La Paz mandatory. We know several people in La Paz making it possible to ship tires oil filters etc to La Paz. For the most part .... A majority of the rie is on two track dirt roads and usually on either the old Baja 500 or 1000 race courses. We always ride from town to town staying in motels.

At the present time. We have no plans for getting the bikes back. I'm not sure if the two guys who made the trip for us this last year will be up for it again and doing the entire trip down and back takes a minimum of 14 days. Not sure what the circumstances are at the present time.