Sign in to follow this  
Vagabundo

Garmin 60Csx Question

A question for the 60Csx experts.

After adding tracks to this GPS (imported via my PC as an active log and then saved on the GPS as a track), I noticed several tracks were added (by the GPS) to the original track I uploaded. All of the added tracks were straight lines, and I haven't a clue where they came from or how to prevent them from being added. I've experimented with many tracks and these mystery tracks are being added to every track I upload.

I'm a new 60Csx owner so I'm guessing that I'm missing something? Any help would be appreciated.

Graphic One = Original track I uploaded to the GPS

Graphic Two = The track after it was saved on the 60csx with added legs

post-14267-050406100 1311361551_thumb.jp

post-14267-017563800 1311361564_thumb.jp

It looks like it's connecting the ends of tracks to the beginning of others, but who knows, weird things happen with MapSource all the time. I do all of my map track editing with Dual Sport Maps now, I never touch Mapsource anymore because it's such a primitive piece of software.

You can just cut those lines out.

My screen captures were with Mapsource, but my preferred software is Expert GPS, and this is happening with both programs. I cut the additional legs out, but the GPS adds them right back in.

My screen captures were with Mapsource, but my preferred software is Expert GPS, and this is happening with both programs. I cut the additional legs out, but the GPS adds them right back in.

So you move the track to the GPS, and on the GPS it puts those straight lines right back in?

I have no clue why its doing that but that does look like a fun loop!