LucidMayhem

Farewell SoCal/Ironbutt week (July 25-31)

I am planning on doing night rides the 25th and 26th. The 27th & 28th, planning on going up to Big Bear and San Bernardino mountains. Then the 29th-31st I am up in the air. Maybe hit up the desert or north of LA? I want to explore.

The 25th, I am planning on riding down to Otay to ride the truck trail. Probably leaving around 5 and hopefully get down there about 6.

The 26th, I am planning on riding up and hitting black mountain. Leave here around 5 and get up to Ramona by 6ish hopefully, fill up and ride up the mountain. Maybe ride Santa Ysabel to the lake on the way back?

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN GOING. I WILL BE AT CIRCLE K (On Willow Rd.) IN LAKESIDE WED. @ 9:30AM

Anyone have any routes up in the Big Bear or San Bernardino mountains? I am down for anything. I need to flog my DR.

All of these plans a tentative. I will post updates. Hope to see you all out there.

Sounds good Ken. It'll be good times. Maybe hit the border road, the water crossing and come out on the 94?

Anyone have any info on, or tracks near Idyllwild? I want to ride near there one of those days. Thank you.

The 25th, the plan is to meet up at Thousand trails at 6 PM. Go up to doghouse junction and then around to the border road. After we're on the border road, I would like to cross the water crossing and then end up on the 94. After that, I'm sure. We could head back or we could explore more. I assume by then it will be dark.

The 26th, Meet up at Circle K on Main and 7th in Ramona at 6 PM. Head up to Cleveland National Forest via Elm st and Pamo Rd. Hit Black Mountain Rd. and go as far up to the top as we can get. Hopefully the gate is still open. About the time we get there, I assume the sun will be about to set. Then we can head back down and hit San Ysabel TT and head toward the lake, if the gate is open. Otherwise we can be done at that point. Whatever the crowd would like to do.

I am still working out tracks for the 27th-29th...I will post them as soon as I figure them out. Dualsportmaps.com is the shiznit!

Please, if Anyone has any suggestions about this route, feel free to let me know. I am basically shooting in the dark when it comes to this. I am hoping that this route is open to the public.

Iron Butt Part 1

Here is the plan for the 27th. Can someone tell me if we can ride on the California riding and hiking trail? I assume that we can, but... I'm not from around here. If we can't, I will adjust the route accordingly.

No, you cannot ride a Motorcycle on the California Riding & Hiking Trail....it is for bicycles and hiking and horses only :angry2:

I don't see it on your map, where are you talking about ? There may actually be some sections open to motorized....I'm not 100% sure, but I do know that in the Mt. Laguna area it is NOT open to motorized.

No, you cannot ride a Motorcycle on the California Riding & Hiking Trail....it is for bicycles and hiking and horses only :angry2:

I don't see it on your map, where are you talking about ? There may actually be some sections open to motorized....I'm not 100% sure, but I do know that in the Mt. Laguna area it is NOT open to motorized.

I changed it. If you zoom in between the 79 & 371/74, south of Anza and north of Boden Field, it's right there. I don't know if it's open either. I guess if it is, I'll take it.

Do you have any other suggestions? Or any good GPX tracks from big bear?

It's looking like I might have to cut my Thursday a bit short because I have an appointment early Friday. By that I mean I have to be back to San Diego sometime Thursday night...

I can't tell from Google Maps, I need to see a National Forest Map.

I know many others have tracks from all over and especially in Big Bear.

I don't use GPS a whole lot, therefore don't have a track library like many others.

I have been looking into going up into the Angeles Natonal Forest and hitting some trails too. Anyone have any suggestions? Call me inept :blink: maybe, but I don't want to venture into someone's pot plantation and end up a statistic.. :dead: .. IF in fact there are any up there... Like I said, not from around here. I just want to ride. :thumbsup_anim:

Here is the plan for the 28th.

Basically, wake up and start riding form Idyllwild. Do a loop around Big Bear lake and then head home. Making stops for gas and food as needed.

*****UPDATE******

I finished the map (GPX) of the ride I am going to do. It may vary slightly from this if I encounter some crazy trail(s) that I don't feel comfortable tackling by me onesies. So... Here goes. Don't mind the all of the waypoints, they are just there. The route is the important part.

Here it is

Epic 2 Days.gpx.txt

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN GOING. I WILL BE AT CIRCLE K (On Willow Rd.) IN LAKESIDE WED. @ 9:30AM

In Idyllwild, I plan on camping out. Prolly just throwing down a sleeping bag and passing out on the ground (In a camp ground if any are open). Nothing fancy.

Sorry guys. If there is anyone that is going, I am running late. I will be there at about 10 or 10:30. Again, sorry for the delay.

I am having to jump through hoops for the Marine Corps. Just to go on this ride... It is barely worth it.. I will be there. I am still dealing with last minute stuff. Since noone has replied. I guess I can safely say that no one is coming. I will be going on this ride still. Just WAYYYYYY after the time I wanted to. I figure I might be on the road by 11... this is BULL!

I'm sure there are people who would love to join you, but it's mid week AND it appears you're doing an overnighter, probably limits a lot of people.

Wish I could join you, but unfortunately have to work to ride !

I kinda took it as a vent toward the gov't paperwork.......which I'm all too familiar with.

Ya. I know it's the middle of the week. Like Ken was saying, I was venting about the paperwork I had to do just to go on this ride.... I eventually got to leave but it was already 11 by then. I am just glad that it's working out so far (knock on wood). Sorry if it sounded like I was mad that no one else came along. No worries.

Matt- you riding Friday anywhere? I'm back in town and would like to ride early

I wasn't planning on it. I have some stuff to do during the day. Hopefully it does take to long. I figure, HOPEFULLY, I will be done by 1 or 2. After that I am game. What do you have in mind? I know that's not "early" but... better late than never. :heh:

Can you ride tomorrow Bob? I should really get my room packed up today. I forgot about that small detail. :P

Nope- I gotta get back to work tomorrow...thanks for your service to our country Matt, and hope everything works out for you!

That's a bummer..... and thank you for your support. I'm sure everything will work out.