Sign in to follow this  
flattracker68

goat canyon trestle

Hello I am trying to get legal access to view the goat canyon trestle via my 990 adventure I don't need to ride directly up to it or on it and don't mind parking and hiking to it but definitely not interested in trespassing or riding on non legal property

Thanks Mark

You can ride to dos cabezas and hike. Its a few miles of bouldering. You couldn't ride your bike there if you wanted to. its rockville. And it will be over 100F there until October.

or you can park at the nude camp (de anza springs) in jacumba and ride on the rail road up to the trestle but its not legal. people are out there doing it on mountain bikes all the time though. I wouldn't advise this, not because it is illegal, but because you could easily kill yourself.

Post #500 - Have a great 4th of July all!

This article calls it the highest wood railway trestle in the US - I think you have to add Curved to the description for this to be accurate. Have not been there since the campground was not clothing optional and traveling the tracks was no big deal since it was not inforced.

http://www.anzaborrego.net/Travel/AnzaBorrego/post/2009/02/23/Goat-Canyon-Trestle-Revisited.aspx