GeoMoto

GeoMoto's Labor Day in Southern Utah "Free"

GeoMoto's Labor Day in Southern Utah Ride "Free"

GeoMoto's Labor Day in Southern Utah Ride

"Free to join in the fun" BIG Bike Oriented!

When: Sept 1-5, 2011

Where: Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort, East Zion Utah

This is an Unorganized Self Supported ADV oriented event.

Last year was a blast, we attracted riders from all over the country and we hope to do it again this year. I enjoyed packing everyone into my house for the weekend, however I have found a base camp location that you won't believe for this years ride!

I will post street routes and dirt routes for all to enjoy. Last year we all saw Bryce Canyon, Zion, Lake Powell, Brian Head, Jacobs Lake. This year routes will be expanded for those of you that want to put in 300-400 mile days.

Please check out: www.zionponderosa.com for campsite details.

If you plan on joining us, please make a reservation asap!!!!

Tell them that you are with the "Flying Monkey Adventure Riders" so they place you near the fun!

$10 per night dry camping is available through Zion Ponderosa and it includes hot showers, two pools, two hot tubs and hot showers!

RV Sites and Cabins are also available. Check their website for pricing!

Family Friendly! Two Up Friendly! Bring your kids and bring your significant other. There are plenty of fun things to do when you aren't riding.

Routes will be posted soon!

Attending so far:

1.) GeoMoto

2.) SnowDog

3.) R.Kimball

4.) Harms

5.) Routan

6.) L.Kimball

7.) Meng

8.) J.Kimball

9.) Sal G

10.) Hughes

11.) Kirk

12.) Bubbletron

13.) Wyliedog

14.) Sopascat

15.) Dinno246

16.) Fudgypup (You are coming!)

17.) Sideforce

18.) Turbo54

19.) GoinPostal

20.) Rexr

21.) Asrvivor

22.) ScreaminSal

23.) JD Diesel (Maybe)

Reservations:

If you are dry camping please tell Zion Ponderosa that you want to be in Group Site 13. Code Word: Flying Monkey

Site 13 can accommodate tents, trailers and motor coaches. Site 13 is DRY camping. If you want a cabin or RV hookup make your Reservation asap. This place fills up fast!

Thanks Jesse

This is a great video of some of the areas we will ride to. Lake Powell was a hit last year, so everyone should plan on riding there for lunch and a dip into the lake

If you are planning on joining us for the Labor Day Ride and require more then a tent, you need to reserve a cabin asap. They are going fast.

Remember that Tent campers get showers, pool, spa, and bathrooms included in the $10 per night rate.

I have had a few riders asking about meals so I wanted to update everyone.

Zion Ponderosa has a restaurant that serves Breakfast Lunch and Dinner for those that want to eat at Camp.

Breakfasts: Zion Ponderosa has a buffet with great food that will be available or bring your own or leave early and hit up a restaurant on the ride. There are multiple restaurants within 20 -30 minutes to eat at. (Small Country Diners)

Lunch: Pack your own, buy a box lunch from Zion Ponderosa, or eat at a restaurant on the road.

Dinner: Eat at a restaurant on the road or Eat at Zion Ponderosa. Zion Ponderosa has two restaurants that are open for dinner. They have great food.

Check the Zion Ponderosa website for full menus with pricing.

www.zionponderosa.com

www.zionponderosa.com "a geomoto enterprise" :ph34r:

haha- jk... Always appreciate the local knowledge. When it cools down, I would LOVE to make it out there

www.zionponderosa.com "a geomoto enterprise" :ph34r:

haha- jk... Always appreciate the local knowledge. When it cools down, I would LOVE to make it out there

Ha, Ya I wish! I would love to have 4000 acre ranch and not have to deal with California govt anymore. Not so lucky though! Temps are much cooler at the Ranch then in St George and I fell in love with the place. For $10 a night you can't beat it!

Some friends of ours from Denmark are riding around the US on a couple of DRZs. They are doing a live ride report on Adventure Rider. They just posted this a couple of days ago:

Next stop was Zion National park. we could not find a camp site near the park.. but looking online we found that we could camp for the

same price as in the park at Zion ponderosa resort.. 20 dollars a night including pool, towels and tons more stuff. NICE

Zion-1-L.jpg

Do you see our tent? Not the worst place!

Zion-2-L.jpg

Some friends of ours from Denmark are riding around the US on a couple of DRZs. They are doing a live ride report on Adventure Rider. They just posted this a couple of days ago:

Next stop was Zion National park. we could not find a camp site near the park.. but looking online we found that we could camp for the

same price as in the park at Zion ponderosa resort.. 20 dollars a night including pool, towels and tons more stuff. NICE

Zion-1-L.jpg

Do you see our tent? Not the worst place!

Zion-2-L.jpg

That's Awesome! I am telling you guys....this place can't be beat for a base camp!

Don't know if I can swing it, but I'd sure like to join this in September !

Here are 3 videos from the Labor Day Ride Last Year. This was a much smaller group based camped at my house. It was blast.

Last Year was about 50% Street 50% Dirt. This year you can do what ever you want, Dirt or Street!!

My link Labor Day 2010 Part 1

My link Labor Day 2010 Part 2

My link Labor Day 2010 Part 3

Big Props to Sal G. Who worked hard putting these together!

Here are 3 videos from the Labor Day Ride Last Year. This was a much smaller group based camped at my house. It was blast.

Last Year was about 50% Street 50% Dirt. This year you can do what ever you want, Dirt or Street!!

Wow! Sounds really great. Wish I could make it this year. Unfortunately i'm halfway around the world right now <_< .

I rode up as far as Hurricane with Jesse and a few others from San Diego last year. Great ride up, alot of fun. Unfortunately didnt get a chance to join them for the Zion rides then either.

Wow! Sounds really great. Wish I could make it this year. Unfortunately i'm halfway around the world right now <_< .

I rode up as far as Hurricane with Jesse and a few others from San Diego last year. Great ride up, alot of fun. Unfortunately didnt get a chance to join them for the Zion rides then either.

Hi Shane. I hope you can make it out next year. 2012 will be a big year for the ride. Be safe!

I will be heading to Utah Wednesday night, August 31st. If you need something brought up to Utah that you don't want to carry on your bike get it to me before I leave. I will driving my truck and pulling a trailer. I may have room for 1, maybe 2 more bikes that I can transport up. Just pitch in a bit for gas. Please let me know asap if you want me to take your bike. First come first serve.

Thanks