I'll start off with thanking Josh #1 and #2, Crusty and Jack for coming out to join me for this ride.

The end stats are as follows. 5 smoked people, 80 miles completed, 9 hour trail time and a 9 mph avg. Honorable mentions... 1 wrecked radiator, 1 burnt clutch, several water outages and one massive beating from the sun!

All in all it was a perfect ride. Great support, total positive attitude throughout and in the end; no injuries to report. Priceless.

For those of you who showed interest but couldn't attend this ride; I hope to catch you on another "epic" down the road.

One last thanks again to the amazing riders named above for making this such a memorable ride. Your skill, commitment and attitude made this ride everything I had hoped it would be.

Thanks guys!

SicVic is out....

(for now)

Guest Crusty

Thank's Vic, I had an EPIC time. Great Peeps,thank's everyone who rode (SicVic,Josh#1 Josh#2 &Jack)

No time for pics, we were having too much fun riding but you can see our ride here.

It took up 2 pages so you need to click on the arrow at the bottom to see it all.

My link

Here are the pictures I took. On the mobile now so will add commentary later.

Klxguy making it up the first (most challenging) rock step up on 3a this one is almost immediate as you enter from the lower campground and has very little run up.

IMG_1895.jpg

Sicvic on the first part of the rocky hillclimb on 3a

IMG_1905.jpg

Klxguy preparing for the upper part of the rocky hillclimb on 3a. To be met with a burnt out clutch soon after.

IMG_1906.jpg

Sicvic completing the rocky hillclimb section of 3a in style.

IMG_1913.jpg

Looking down on a hard part of 3a.

IMG_1916.jpg

Clearing the manzinita... Left as a temporary singletrack.

IMG_1925.jpg

Abused bikes:

IMG_1926.jpg

Explained in upcoming posts... Moral: run good tires so you don't hold up others.

IMG_1931.jpg

Cool pix. Looks like somebody needs to pony up and get themselves a new rear tire. ;)

Wow.... after seeing the photographs I think I'd be much more effective if I actually keep my feet somewhere NEAR the foot pegs!! ???? Lol

Thanks for posting and taking those Josh. Where are all the ones of me sweating like a pig anyways???

Good times.

Cool pix. Looks like somebody needs to pony up and get themselves a new rear tire. ;)

I think he was showing off by keeping this one on there, not to mention he rode with enough gas to keep us all supplied.

Oh no... More of a warning. I required more than my fair share of help on 7 and one spot on 3a partly due to the tire, partly due to heavy drz and mainly due to my conditioning.

The pics are on 3a. The second hardest trail in corral canyon.

I'm happy to read the report, and hear all is ok... I knew it was a big undertaking, but didnt kmow it was THAT big! NINE HOURS!! I hope ya'll brought some chow!

YEAH- 3a is pretty bad near the bottom, so if 7 is worse, I'm glad I stayed at work...

Glad you guys made it back safely, with bikes mostly intact

so... hard to tell from the spot link... which trails were covered and which (if any) were left off?

so... hard to tell from the spot link... which trails were covered and which (if any) were left off?

I think we did pretty much everything at least once.

I think it only samples at 10 minute intervals... it is undersampling for our quick pace :P

All that were listed; we covered. Plus several trips back to bobcat meadows for supplies. We also did two smaller trails just because they connected in somehow. Basically we ended with an extra 5 miles.

3A was a dream compared to 7 this time. Things shift one day to the next making each a nightmare on any given day I guess. I managed to push that tree off the line on 3A so now anyone who wants to do "speed runs" up it will not have any slowing issues. LOL!!!!

Glad we didn't need to have you call in the "bird" for us. Speaking of birds... We did have several Vultures watching us toward the end. Think they had their eye on Crusty!

See ya on the next ride!

I think it only samples at 10 minute intervals... it is undersampling for our quick pace :P

I need to go to college so I can be quick and witty like this!!!!! Yeah..... undersampling is what I meant!!!!

Guest Crusty

7 kicked my but. My little 2 stroke motto bike just couldn't pull me up it. So I had to drag it up.

Kick starting on 7 also sucked.

I think this will work a little better on the whole ride!coolio.gif

I think this will workbett.06160113391.jpg

7 kicked my but. My little 2 stroke motto bike just couldn't pull me up it. So I had to drag it up.

Kick starting on 7 also sucked.

I think this will work a little better on the whole ride!coolio.gif

I think this will workbett.06160113391.jpg

Crusty, did that ride make you go out and by a 450X?

Going to give 7 another go on the new bike? :)

Guest Crusty

Crusty, did that ride make you go out and by a 450X?

(quote)

Kinda, my wife wanted to get one for me for fathers day and I kept telling her I didn't need one.

I went to work this morning a little sore, so I finished my first job and stopped by my house.

when I got home I was stoked to see my wifes car, she had taken the day off work.

Later in the day she asked me if I wanted to go pick up a 450X.

I was so weak today I couldn't say NO

Crusty.

Guest Crusty

I don't know. It would be a little easier

But I probably wont, I loved every trail but 7 and 3A.

I am not really into the hills you have to bull dog your bike up.

I don't know.

I like to ride hard trails fast, not bull dog my bike up a hills.

Yeah that is definitely understandable.

I don't know. It would be a little easier

But I probably wont, I loved every trail but 7 and 3A.

I am not really into the hills you have to bull dog your bike up.

But it's a dirtbike....made to be a bit scratched up!

Congrats on the new bike! will be a LOT less work getting that bike up the hill....