Finally getting some riding in.....out here in Scottsdale / Phoenix area and the surrounding mountains and high desert.

I brought both the KTM 640 and the 950 with me (I'm riding the 950 with blown fork seals...even though I didn't get it fixed yet, I just had to ride anyway). So far, I've taken the 950 out 2 days in a row for some late afternoon - night riding. Tuesday, left 6:00pm and did a little 70 mile route, about 25 miles into the backcountry on dirt until it got dark. Had a beer as it got dark and decided going 60 miles on dirt to the next services (not knowing how much gas I had in the bike) was not a good idea in unfamiliar territory.

Today, got rollin' about 5:00pm, rode out of town and did a 30 mile dirt road into the high mountains about 8,000 feet, east of Phoenix. Awesome !! I didn't have time to explore all the more challenging side trails off the main dirt road, realized I only had enough time to do the main route. Rode the last 10 miles down the mountain as it got dark. Then found a country bar in a podunk town called Jake's Corner. Had some fried chicken and a couple brewskis, talked with the locals...one of the band members was checking out my 950. Then had a 70 mile night ride home over the mountains on pavement. 130 mile loop in 5 hours....bitchin' !! No way to post photos now, but I do have some. Will post as soon as I can.

Going riding all weekend....going to do some backcountry exploring on the 950 for all day on Saturday, possibly hook up with a guy from ADVrider who lives here. Then Sunday, a girl I know who rides dualsport is taking me on some singletrack in the local mountains.

See y'all later,

Finally getting some riding in.....out here in Scottsdale / Phoenix area and the surrounding mountains and high desert.

Sunday, a girl I know who rides dualsport is taking me on some singletrack in the local mountains.

See y'all later,

What fun, I'm jelous <_<

I hope you get lucky... er... I mean Good Luck on your Sunday ride ;)

New plans for the weekend.....I'm meeting a group of DAM (domestic adventure motorcycle) riders from ADVrider....we're taking a challenging route from Lake Pleasant up into the mountains north of Phoenix, then all the way to Prescott on dirt. At least one guy and his wife are staying overnight in Prescott after hitting the Prescott Brewery, so depending on things, I may stay overnight in Prescott also. Then ride bitchin' twisty roads back with them on Sunday, and maybe some solo exploring in the dirt on the way back to Phoenix.

I like it out here, and have new friends who ride. Hmmmm......a new name....Southwest Adventure Riders :D:P:D:P:D

HMMMMMMM, Prescott Brewery. They have a really nice dark beer. :D:D:D:P

hitting the Prescott Brewery

I've downed many a drink there with the old man. It was a favorite hang-out of Pops and myself when I would go visit him. He passed away at Yavapi Hospital in Prescott a year ago today, I miss him... He's the one that started me on motorcycles some 35 years ago :D Here's to you Pops :D*raises a Scotch and looks skyward*

Posted Image

Thomas N. Hoyt

December 2, 1931 - April 15, 2006