Sign in to follow this  
KTMrad

SDORC & Ocotillo Wells SVRA Need OUR Input

Hey All, last week at the San Diego Off Road Coalition meeting, they had important speakers from Ocotillo Wells SVRA to talk about the new General Plan they are coming up with for the Off Road State Park areas in Ocotillo Wells. Lots of interesting stuff happening there, and those people at OW are really good people and want to expand areas of the park if possible.

Anyway, they need input from people who know the area well, especially EAST of POLE LINE ROAD. The new General Plan will try to add existing trails that are not designated yet, to the designated trail map. Some of these trails connect to BLM trails.

If you know of trails in the area that you'd like to be possibly added to the designated trail map, please GPS your routes and get them to me or SDORC so that MAYBE they'll be incorporated into the new General Plan.

I'll get more contact info about this posted soon.

I'm glad that they are planning to add trails rather than close them. B)

I'm glad that they are planning to add trails rather than close them. B)

Well, that's yet to be determined...since there are still talks about BLM energy projects that might affect some areas, and we might still lose some areas.

That's why they're working on this General Plan to try to incorporate as many existing well-used trails into the designated trail map as they can.

It's hard to explain all the details.

Bump....you can really help the off-road community if you're familiar with Ocotillo Wells, your input to this matter would be greatly appreciated !