I'm considering a long dual-sport ride Saturday the 7th. Rough plan- leave EARLY from San Diego (near airport)- Coronado, IB, San Ysidro, east along border road to Jacumba, probably pop on to pavement to Ocotillo. (Lunch) Plaster City, railroad truck trail to Split Mountain. Across to Ocotillo Wells, out the other side, the up the hill from Borrego and then home (somehow).

Itinerary is very rough, and subject to significant change depending on participation, timing, weather, mood of the Border Patrol, etc, etc. Only part of the current plan that is BigBike unfriendly is the sand in OW. This is not a newbie ride, but mostly because of it's duration.

I'd certainly welcome those interested in going along for portions of the ride, and will try to coordinate timing for rendezvous, etc.

Yes, this is a true dual-sport ride, with plenty of boring (oh, let's say contemplative, ok?) pavement miles, but lots of scenery, too. I have no moral imperative to find every bit of dirt possible along the route.

Let me know your interest!

p

PS: Yes, it's nearly the same route resulting in the theft of my bike in January. It's my way of casting off the theft devils.girl_devil.gif

I haven't have the 950 out in a bit - might be good loop for that (lots of pavement).

I'm 75% in at this point.

I haven't have the 950 out in a bit - might be good loop for that (lots of pavement).

I'm 75% in at this point.

Excellent!

Any more on the plan? (Meeting place and time)

I snuck out of work early so I can spoon some new shoes onto the 950. (Wear bars on the rear from commuting)

Any more on the plan? (Meeting place and time)

I snuck out of work early so I can spoon some new shoes onto the 950. (Wear bars on the rear from commuting)

How do you feel about early mornings?

I'm rolling from my home in Mission Hills- we can meet there, or anywhere along the route.

If it was just me, I'd leave by 7, probably earlier.

Early mornings are fine. I could be down there by 7. I'm coming down 15 and 163, so wherever you think would be a good meeting place. It's your back yard.

Yeah! I'd like to join you guys. brb gotta go lube my chain. . . Where's the meet up spot? 7am @

I'd also like to get the 950 out for a run, is there anymore info other than 7am Mission Hills or south area.