Sign in to follow this  
Metal Twister

Another New Guy

Hello, My name is Bob. I ride a 02 Green LC4 Six Day. Like a lot of you I have had many, many bikes. I started riding my minibike on Eastridge in La Mesa about 40 years ago. Since that time I have ridden all but 4 years, those 4 years I was flying with Uncle Sam. I raced motocross for most of my youth and graduated to dualsport riding in the local mountians and deserts in my mid 20's. I enjoy Baja every chance I get, which is never often enough! I am looking foward to meeting you all on the trails. In fact, maybe we already have? My son is now 21 and is my riding partner. He rides an Xr650L which he feels is a little to heavy for him. It looks like he is going to be selling it for one of the new o8 aprillia vtwin dual sport rockets. Well im going riding this weekend so got to get busy. Be Talking to you all soon! Great site, Glad to see others riding in there 50's, 60's, 70'?

ps. Attended my first San Diego Off Road Coalition meeting this last week. I found their meeting place and time on this web site,(Thanks) I had no clue how close we are to loosing the Ocotilla Wells off road riding area . I really encourage you and your riding buddies to make an EFFORT to support this group who is FIGHTING to keep OUR lands open for OUR enjoyment. Metal Twister

Welcome fellow Jamuligan (and KTM rider) Metal Twister :unsure: Great minds think alike!

One of our new guys may be looking for a bike like your son's. Maybe post it in the For Sale and see if you get a response. Any idea of asking price?

I'm sure you've seen the section here about Environmental Issues where we keep tabs on some of the stuff you're talkin about. Keep an eye on the "Informal Local Rides" section for guys that are riding, and check your "PM" section!

Welcome fellow Jamuligan (and KTM rider) Metal Twister :unsure: Great minds think alike!

One of our new guys may be looking for a bike like your son's. Maybe post it in the For Sale and see if you get a response. Any idea of asking price?

I'm sure you've seen the section here about Environmental Issues where we keep tabs on some of the stuff you're talkin about. Keep an eye on the "Informal Local Rides" section for guys that are riding, and check your "PM" section!

He should be posting here in the next day or so about his bike and plans for it . I cant believe he would sell it before he has another ride. But who knows? :D