KTMrad

Met a World Traveller from Britain Today

I'm working in beautiful Palmdale, CA. and saw a guy on a fully loaded bike parked outside the world famous Motel 6 of Palmdale.

Walked up to him to see where he was from, where going...........Simon Fitzpatrick from Great Britain riding a Honda Africa Twin 750 (rare bike), just coming back from Patagonia, Tierra Del Fuego, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, etc. on his 18 month moto trip.....awesome ! I gave him a SDAR Shut Up & Ride postcard with my name, e-mail and number, told him if he has time to drop by San Diego, and he has a place to crash at my house. He said he might do that, IF things don't work out with some chick he met in Vegas and was on his way to see in the City of Angels.

Cool dude, talked to him for about 20 minutes........he even had an electric guitar strapped on his bike B)

He has a Blog going on Horizons Unlimited, THE site for motorcycle world travellers. He said he's been to Africa before also....wish I had the time and money to do it all.

Photos............

837151715_WMJ3y-L.jpg

837151695_dtXyv-L.jpg

837151768_9nQ55-L.jpg

837151741_yCSQW-L.jpg

837151785_F6zbv-L.jpg

that stuff is cool. i met a couple back in 2000 that were traveling from texas up to alaska then down thru the west to mexico and all the way down to patagonia. i met them in ramona, ended up buying them lunch and talking for hours. they needed a camp ground in san diego so i helped them get to the beach camping place in carlsbad where they stayed for a few days getting their visas and passports so they could head into mexico. they also needed to get their bikes serviced and a new set of tires. i spent the whole week picking them up and driving them around to the bike shops the consulates.

i was an outside salesman at the time so i could spend some time on them. the girlfriend got pregnant and had to fly home to hamburg germany in mexico and the boyfriend almost got killed by pirates in columbia so headed home as well....cool people.

that is an awesome bike!

wish they would sell them over here