Sign in to follow this  
carguy

Chariot Fire - OLD

Chariot Fire,

Some of you know I lived on Mt Laguna for some time. Spent alot of time and shared meals with many brethern at the Al Bahr Shrine Camp. The Chariot fire seemed to make a direct hit on the camp. The destruction everywhere. The camp is mostly lost, just ashes and piles of scrap metal, each a home, a getaway a dream. Amazingly some buildings survived. Some of the buildings have been there since the 20's and now are missing, like the lodge hall. This link show some of what it was like. http://www.albahrshrine.org/shrinecamp.html

Think about how much the Shriners Hospital and Burn Centers have done for so many. I think they could use our support now.

If you could follow this link ( http://www.albahrshrine.org/shrinecamp.html)and at the far right, donate to the shrine to help them rebuild. Even the littlest donation could help those who give soo much.

DSCN0567.jpg

DSCN0566.jpg

DSCN0565.jpg

DSCN0564.jpg

DSCN0562.jpg

DSCN0560.jpg

DSCN0559.jpg

DSCN0558.jpg

DSCN0557.jpg

DSCN0556.jpg

DSCN0555.jpg

I will make a donation from SDAR....always sad to see losses from these fires.

On a side note from all this bad stuff that has come from this fire I made a comment about how bad the brush was up Phantom Trail at this years Desert Dash...It appears it may have burned off that area.

I would like to help if they need volunteers up at the Shriners camp when time comes to rebuild..I can pull my 5th wheel up there and a bunch of us can sleep in it and work during the day.