tntmo

Turkey Day weekend @ Superstition

Looks like my son and I will be heading out to Superstition OHV area next weekend, Fri-Sun. We'll be meeting up with a couple riding buddies out there hopefully, and if anyone from SDAR would like to come on out that would be nice too. We prefer to camp away from the mountain for a little more peace and quiet. If anyone would like to join us for a day or more just let me know.

My son and I are also considering going out to Superstition for Saturday afternoon and Sunday. Not sure exactly the plans yet. Will depend on what the boss (wife) says I have on the honey-do list. I've never been out there to ride, so not sure where to setup camp and do some beginner riding with my son. He's only ridden once out at Ocotillo a few weekends ago. Does it get crowded out there on T-day weekend? Are there some areas that will be newbie friendly yet not too crowded? It would be nice to meetup, so let me know if anyone is interested to hang with the new kids.

Superstition has a wide variety of terrain, where I camp it is very beginner friendly and not too crowded no matter what day it is.

We usually camp on the west side of Wheeler Road (left side if you are heading into the OHV area) at mile marker 3.5 or so, all the way to the edge of the dry lake bed so it's about a half mile in or so. If there hs been a lot of rain and the dry lake bed turns into a wet lake bed we will camp around mile marker 4.0 on the right side of Wheeler Road. My phone works out there so if anyone is planning on coming and wants to meet up just PM me for the number.

I'm going to try taking at least my son to Superstition Fri-Sun. It would be great to camp and ride with others.

Tom,

Things still look good for coming out Saturday mid-morning (with a push to leave earlier in the morning). I've PM'd you to get your contact information.

Hope to you and others out there this weekend.

Everything is still on for us to head out early Friday morning. Look for a brown Chevy pickup with a flat trailer, and Yamaha and Kawasaki dirt bikes.

We are just about packed up, heading out early in the morning. The forecast is for cold nights (under 40 degrees) so if you are tenting it bring blankets or a dog.

Great. Will be sleeping in a tent.. Throwin' in the 0-degree sleeping bags and an extra blanket.

Have fun, be safe and we will see you Saturday afternoon.

Great. Will be sleeping in a tent.. Throwin' in the 0-degree sleeping bags and an extra blanket.

Have fun, be safe and we will see you Saturday afternoon.

If you get this--I'm looking for a ride tomorrow. I'm not sure what PM means, but you can email me at jwrare at gmail.com Thanks!