SCHWINN

3 Way Motorcycle Wreck- 1 Fatality

Three-way motorcycle accident results in fatality

By Jen Lebron Kuhney

Sunday, November 14, 2010 at 8:52 p.m.

JULIAN — A man riding a Triumph motorcycle died Sunday after he crashed into an oncoming Yamaha motorcycle on a two-lane road near Julian.

The man tried to illegally pass a third motorcycle -- a Harley Davidson -- on Wynola Road around 3:15 p.m. when he crashed head-on into a the Yamaha going the opposite direction.

The Triumph rider was airlifted to a Palomar Medical Center in Escondido, but was pronounced dead upon arrival. The driver of the Yamaha was taken in an ambulance to the same hospital with a compound fracture in his left leg. The third motorcyclist had minor injuries.

The California Highway Patrol released no additional information on Sunday night

Barely any passing sections on Wynola, even for a very skilled rider on a sportbike. Sorry for the loss.

Barely any passing sections on Wynola, even for a very skilled rider on a sportbike. Sorry for the loss.

Exactly ! I ride Wynola whenever I go to Julian, or use it as a bypass to Banner Grade.

The Mistress and I had a close call on Wynola some time back, when another rider took a turn too fast and came into our lane. It happens way too fast when you suddenly have someone coming at you head-on. We were lucky that day.