HI, I WILL TRY TO DO THIS RIGHT, THIS SATURDAY I WENT TO LAS SALINAS TO TAKE A INTRO-FLYGHT IN PPG FROM BAJAPPG.

I NEVER BEFORE RIDE TO ROSARITO, SO I ASK ON THE TOLL ROAD TO THE COUNTER IN EL HONGO ABOUT THE SAFEST WAY, HE TOLD ME- TAKE THE 2000 AND YOU WILL BE IN FRONT OF FOXPLORATION IN POPOTLA IN LESS THAN 40 MINUTES

I THINK?????

IF NEED A SAFE AND FREE NEW ROAD TO ENSENADA OR ROSARITO TAKE THIS ROAD, WHEN IN TECATE TAKE THE FREE ROAD TO TIJUANA, AFTER FEW MILES YOU WILL SEE A BRIDGE AND NEW HOUSES AT RIGHT, TURN LEFT ON THE BRIDGE AND WILL SE THIS ROAD 9(pic)post-120-1173685152_thumb.jpg IS THE NEW 201

WILL END FRON AT THE FOX STUDIOS

THANKS

WOW! That sure looks like a FAAAST road. I can't wait to try it our next time we go to Las Rosas. I think we'll still have to take the old road back so that we can stop at L.A. Cetto Winery though :D

WOW! That sure looks like a FAAAST road. I can't wait to try it our next time we go to Las Rosas. I think we'll still have to take the old road back so that we can stop at L.A. Cetto Winery though :unsure:

Yes is a nice road, but the 201 make me think-because the road numbers in the area are diferent, sound more like a usa hwy

I AGREE THANKS FOR THE INFO

This is just a word of caution to my amigos. Its a great newer shortcut but be aware of your surroundings as there have been a lot of antic ts going on down there everywhere.

Buenos noches

A

I stopped driving at night down there a long time ago after an encounter with a herd of cattle once and another off the road experience through the cacti after a semi took my lane on a blind corner.

My uncle, who owns a house near San Quintin and is constantly going back and forth, also says the same thing about driving at night. But he also once said: "If you MUST drive at night, get right behind one of the passenger buses and stay on his tail so if anything is in the road, the bus will take it out and not you."

Makes sense to me.

I stopped driving at night down there a long time ago after an encounter with a herd of cattle once and another off the road experience through the cacti after a semi took my lane on a blind corner.

My uncle, who owns a house near San Quintin and is constantly going back and forth, also says the same thing about driving at night. But he also once said: "If you MUST drive at night, get right behind one of the passenger buses and stay on his tail so if anything is in the road, the bus will take it out and not you."

Makes sense to me.

the bus idea does work, and those guys can really drive. however after driving numerous trips to the east cape of baja and cabo san lucas. DO NOT DRIVE AT NIGHT. no bs. just after our dinner stop in guerrero negro on the way home, 12 hours into the trip, i come over a rise in the road and there are 4 cows crossing the road. so i get on the brakes and i mean hard, cups flying, tires screaming for traction, my feet dancing on the brake pedal trying to play anti lock. 65 mph down to about 30 and wham, that VACA never saw it coming. when i pulled over i was heartbroken to see the grill, bumper,fender, pushbar, headlight, blinker, just RUINED. this was on a new 1995 nissan pathfinder that i had only just made the third payment on. on the plus side the radiator and left headlight were still functional. it could have been so much worse. such as one of my party bleeding on the side of the road waiting for an ambulance that could not be called. i still love mexico and always will. once you get away from the border you meet the most generous people who will happily help you out of a bad situation. when you are stuck someone always seems to come out of the nowhere to help. i once blew a radiator hose on the road near el rosario. in the course of 30 minutes six different cars stopped to ask if we needed help. one of them had a big piece of radiator hose which he wouldnt take any money for. and the other guy who insisted on following us all the way into town to make sure we made it. mexico is wonderful, just DONT DRIVE AT NIGHT! having a cooler of cold beer is the best form of mexican AAA. three mexicans and a cooler of cerveza can solve almost any vehicle mishap.

Thats right, i went to the Km 72 by the free road and find horses in a narrow turn in LA MISION, my destination was Km 72 toll Road, the true and i am not ignore it MEXICO IS A BIG RANCH and some people still thinking in that way, more in that side of the road were the ejidos and ranchos are the helping hands