I have a question. Possibly Robertacio or other fans can help me figure out.

I know in MotoGP they are 800cc 4 stroke bikes with no Super/Turbo charging, and 6 speed trans.

I also know that MotoGP2 is 600cc 4 strokes w/no chargers and 6 speed...and currently the motors are all supplied by honda.

My question comes in on the 125s. On the official website it states 80cc to 125cc....but it doesnt say a spec on whether they can use 2 OR 4 stroke bikes. I assume most would use 2 stroke if they have the option.

I forget the name of the rider, but in the last round of the series a rider lost his exhaust muffler system and to me...remember i am a tard, the exhaust looked like a 4 stroke exhaust....the pipe was at least 1.5-2 inch in diameter and the canister was long and kinda fat, like 3-4 inches in diameter and it had a nipple on the end like many 4 stroke exhaust have. if you had not seen it come off of the bike and i showed it to you and told you it was off of a '04 YZ450f or something you would probably believe it.

2 stroke exhaust mufflers usually are fairly short, 2-3 inches in diameter with an inlet of only 1 inch or so and a cone type end....

SO, are there some 4 stroke bikes in the 125cc class in MotoGP? and if so, are they allowed a cc offset like the early days of 4 strokes in ama sx and mx....125cc class racing with 250f's..?

There are no four stroke bikes in the 125 class, they are all two stroke (currently the only class is GP running two strokes).

As of 2012 there will no longer be any two stroke machines in MotoGP. The 125 class will become 250cc four stroke thumpers.

The end of an era!

what a crazy muffler then on that 2 stroke bike...huge inlet and a long inlet pipe, and a very fat canister and the 4 stroke style tip...very wierd...

BTW did anyone see that new kid win the 125 championship...17 yrs old and 5'3" and 114 lbs....that is my daughters age and size and she is tiny.....Marc Marquez

alot of the 125 GP bike expansion chambers are shouded for aerodynamics and they present a really strange profile like a big bazooka looking pipe. That is maybe how it was viewed, but mechanically internal they look like your basic 2 stroke pipe from FMF or other. RN

PS Spain is just going off this year in international sports from F1 to MotoGP to Moto2 to 125GP to tennis and to Soccer!! They are the action sports/big money sports winners for 2010!!By a long shot!