Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

AIROH Helmets

This is an FYI thread

http://www.airoh.com/Pages/Azienda/Perfezione.aspx

I have been wearing the Stelt(Steath) Senior for a couple of years now. This is one of my secret weapons of riding (BRUX is another) its fit and finish is artisan nice and it's #1 issue is it's ultra light weight to reduce muscular stress(1000 grams) are great. 100% made in Italy, no subcontract off shore manufacturing. I have heard they are not here because they can barely keep up with demand just in the EU alone.

davey milsaps wears the airoh...they look cool...

i wear the tld it is quite light as well...i dont know the exact weight...but it is lighter than most

Airoh make a great helmet, several of my friends in UK have them, and yes they are super light. 2 things I don't like about them are there is not much clearance in front of your mouth and nose, and worse they seem to have quite small opening for goggles and some will not fit properly and seal on your face so you need to be careful with goggle selection.

Personaly I prefer Arai VX pro 3 as while quite a bit heavier than Airoh has better ventilation and is so comfortable to wear and no issues with goggle fit. But expensive, and spare parts also, I "feel" safer with heavier helmet.